U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Form is currently in search of applicants to come and join the workforce.
Critical agency recruiting needs for entry-level CBP Officers currently include the following locations: San Luis, AZ; Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Francisco, and San Ysidro, CA; Calais, Coburn Gore, Houlton, Jackman, Van Buren, and Vanceboro, ME; Grand Portage, MN; Sweetgrass, MT; Dunseith, Pembina, and Portal, ND; and Blaine, Oroville, and Sumas, WA
Customs and Border Protection Officer LIVE Recruitment will hold a Webinar on March 23rd from 1:00 – 2:00 pm
If you are interested in working as a US Border Patrol agent, and you think you are well-suited for a career that requires vigilance, integrity, and professionalism at all times, apply now by clicking on this link – https://www.cbp.gov/careers/apply-now
Explanation & Duties Of The CBP
United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security and is the country’s primary border control organization.
It is charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs, and immigration.
Their mission includes;
- To counter Terrorism
- Combat Transnational Crime
- Secure the Border against illegal entry and illicit activities
- Facilitate Lawful Trade and Protect Revenue
- Facilitate Lawful Travel
- Tracking illegal immigration
- Checking travel paperwork and passports
- Using a variety of technological tools, such as electronic sensors, low-light television systems, infrared scopes, and aircraft
Requirement For The CBP Recruitment
- Be a US citizen.
- Be less than 37 years old at the time of selection (except for veterans, and currently or formerly employed federal law enforcement agents covered by Public Law 100-238 special retirement provisions).
- Be of good moral character, and have no disqualifying criminal convictions.
- Have resided in the U.S. for the last three years.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Pass the CBP Border Patrol entrance examination and other capability assessments.
- Pass the in-person panel interview.
Recruitment Process For The CBP Application
- Once you’ve met the criteria you can go ahead to the official portal to apply
- To begin your online application, you need to create a USA Jobs account.
- After this, you will be asked to an Entrance Exam waiver for GS-9 both online and at a local testing center.
- Thereafter, the Human Resources Specialists will review your resume and other required documents to make sure you meet the minimum qualifications and determine which grade you qualify for.
- There will be a background investigation such as the preliminary vetting checks, the polygraph examination, the investigation, and the final adjudication
- After progressing through the above, there will be a medical test (Medical Exam) to check if you met the minimum requirement.
- There will also be a conducting of a fitness test to check your agility and enthusiasm by performing sit-ups and push-ups
- You will be invited to be interviewed by a board of current CBP Officers to ensure you have the qualities they require in that field.
Job Offers In CBP
- Budget Analyst
- Contract Specialist
- Criminal Investigator
- Intelligence Research Specialist
- International Relations Specialist
- Investigative Analyst
- IT Specialist
- Personnel Security Specialist
- Polygraph Examiner
- Security Specialist
- Telecommunications Specialist
Salary/ Promotion Of The CBP
CBP Officer is a career ladder position with a grade level progression as you can be promoted from GS-5, GS-7, GS-9, GS-11, to GS-12
- Start as a CBPO in June 2021 as a GS-5 and make $35,265 – $80,265 per year
- Be promoted in June 2022 to GS-7 and make $43,683 – $88,683 per year
- Be promoted in June 2023 to GS-9 and make $53,433 – $98,433 per year
- Be promoted in June 2024 to GS-11 and make $64,649 – $109,649 per year
- Be promoted in June 2025 to GS-12 and make $77,488 – $122,488 per year