Transport Operations Manager at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Operations Manager
- This position will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound, and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments)
- Managing co-loader contracts and negotiating with fleet contractors for better pricing:
- Planning initiatives for reduction in fleet contractors’ cost
- Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
- Publish daily capacity planning based on small / medium/ bulky percentage
- Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors’ distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Share DRTV plan for 3PL partner based on forward load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage handover
- Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub
- Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at network
- Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at network-RCA done for exact issue
- Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of shipments
Education, Experience, Skills, & Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from an accredited university; Degree in Logistics, Transport, or a related Supply Chain related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet, etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 7 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Ability to lead large and remote teams
- Hardworking, result oriented, methodical, very structured.
- Pro-active, both autonomous and team player, Flexible.
- High analytical skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.