SSA PA Manager at Glovo Nigeria
SSA PA Manager at Glovo Nigeria
Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SSA PA Manager
Your Work-life Opportunity
- Glovo is taking the on-demand and digital economy space by storm and you could be part of it. Our passion is making cities smaller by having anything you want delivered in no-time. SSA is a crucial region for us with high levels of growth, opportunities and innovation.
- As our work impacts multiple segments of the economy and society, it attracts relevant public interest. Therefore we have decided to create a position of Public Affairs Manager, to be based in Nairobi (Lagos, Accra or Abidjan potentially feasible too) and cover our growth in a significant part of the world.
- We are looking for someone that thrives in a start-up environment. Someone that gathers and analyses relevant intel, understands public and company priorities, assesses a shifting situation, drafts and implements solutions – both short-term and long-term. The successful candidate will be a member of a team of professionals working in many different areas and dealing with amazing challenges.
- As a short-term priority you will need to shape our public affairs strategy in Nigeria and Kenya – both at the national and municipal levels, in the many cities in which we are present. Once this is accomplished, we want to provide similar support to Glovo teams in other countries in the region – and travel there when and if the need arises.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Manage and lead our policy effort in SSA, developing strategies to keep the market open and to reinforce our non-market strategies.
- Provide similar support to Comms and Social Impact work Glovo does in the region.
- Regularly monitor regulations and policies relevant for Glovo and our partners.
- Track public debates and media coverage impacting Glovo or our ecosystem.
- Support other areas of Glovo at local, regional and HQ levels including Operations, Legal Marketing or Communications.
- Design regulatory and legislative proposals in support of our business strategies.
- Directly engage policymakers, their staff and other stakeholders to explain and defend Glovo’s business model and vision.
- Draft and execute a third party engagement strategy aimed at developing Glovo’s champions in the communities we serve.
- Experience at least five years of experience working in government affairs, political campaigns or public policy are preferred. We are also open to candidates who’ve been leaders in other careers (e.g. legal, communications, consulting) and may be looking for a career change.
- Local expertise: A good understanding of the region’s politics and socio-economic developments, especially labour markets, digitalization and competition.
- Well-rounded skills: An analytical mind that understands the interplay between political, regulatory, social and economic dynamics.
- A deep understanding: Glovo and other on-demand delivery companies are changing cities and consumption habits. You will need to be able to understand the potential for positive change and be an advocate of this vision.
- Social and Communication skills: You’ll need the ability to convey our message persuasively and clearly to a very diverse audience.
- A team player: success at Glovo depends on the ability to interact with different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done.
- A self-starter: Glovo is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things move quickly so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
What You’ll Find When Working at Glovo
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Experience our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable )
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Glovo Festival every quarter!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online