Senior Officer at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer
Job ID: 2200018738
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely completion of CDD applications/renewals, identification of required documentation, sourcing of underlying documents, and maintenance of eCDD static data.
- Build a CDD profile on ecdd+ using public sources and various BIS as available
- Engage with RM’s, IMO and clients as required to obtain any missing documentation.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of cases assigned
- Understand and comply with all relevant policies and procedures issued by the Group/CIC FCC.
- Support MIS /Tracking of deliverables for self and team
- Escalation of issues on profile production to CDD Checker/Supervisor/Manager.
- Serve as a backup for Line Manager for key deliverables in candidate absence
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4-6 years’ experience in Financial Services Industry.
- Basic understanding of financial services and its various underlying products desirable.
- Needs to have an excellent understanding of sourcing information from various data sources, and in several cases utilizing financial reports, and audited statements for such purposes. Should have a keen eye for detail and needs to present his/her case accurately.
- Previous experience in use of data sources will be ideal.
- Basic experience in AML domain would be an added advantage.
- Written and spoken English needs to be at par with business standards considering the amount of interaction required primarily through written communication.
- Problem Solving Skills – ability to think ‘Out of the Box’ and independently work around issues that arise from time to time.
- Language skills (other than English/other Indian languages) a plus but not mandatory for the required role.
- Knowledge of the CDD/eCDD systems and processes and of the different requirements of certain countries will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online