R&D / Electrical Engineer at a Leading Top 3 Pan African Energy Integrated Company – Accelon Consulting Limited
Accelon Consulting Limited – Our client is one of the leading top 3 Pan African Energy integrated Companies in Africa, chiefly known as the market leader and innovator in metering technology and renewable solar energy.
They are recruiting experienced and competent candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: R&D / Electrical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role will be allocated to the IT/R&D team, working under the guidance of a Team’s Technical Head. (HEAD IT/R&D).
- Proactively will provide AMI support & General administration of software deployed in all distribution companies.
- Conduct engineering and detailed experimental tests to collect design data and assist in research work.
- Aid in evaluating new techniques and procedures for purposes of product development.
- Review all documentation for accuracy, quality and compliance.
- Perform validation and testing of engineering models to support adequacy and compliance to standards.
- Generate engineering / technical documentation to facilitate product development collaboration.
- Managed R&D projects, including setting timelines and coordinating deliverables.
- Collaborate with our foreign partners to improve on meters design, which may include making calculations of product dimensions, drawing sketches of product ideas.
- Get involved with hardware and software development of meter which includes meter circuit designs, communication technologies, and software development for meter readings in collaboration with Engineers from partnering company.
- Test meter design developed with testing equipment to ensure they meet both industrial and regulatory bodies standard.
- Perform Operation Support and Troubleshooting for issues related to specific subject during Customer Project execution.
- Handle any escalations or challenges faced by the team as to the product
- Factory software/PC Software management, configuration and administration.
- Provide support to the Factory Production Engineers
- Deployment, testing and pilot of new solution.
- Prepare project analysis, technical project risk identification, design, functional and interface specification documentation.
- Obtain and continuously develop technical skills relevant to fulfilling support and project responsibilities.
- Report individual/knowledge/experience related issues/risks to Technical Lead and/or Team Manager.
- Track and report the progress of their tasks according to the schedule to the Team Manager.
Education / Experience
- Minimum Qualification: B.Eng in Electrical Electronics / Computer engineering or computer science
- Minimum of 3 years work experience on the job.
- Proven ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic enterprise environment.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicants should please put their current salary and residential location in the body of the mail.