Olam International Limited Recruitment 2023 Apply Now!!!
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
- At Olam, we are looking for a highly diligent individual who specializes in quality to understand customer expectation and translate them into company quality norms.
- The individual will play a key role in outlining quality standards and developing quality control processes.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance to quality norms, policies, and procedures of the company.
- The objective is to cultivate a culture of consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by continually developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet food safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Build control systems to comply with food safety requirements including PRPs. Design and deploy audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.).
- Conducting root cause analysis for deviations. Develop and implement a corrective action plan where needed. Regularly review compliance status for all quality-related observations and lead the process of sharing views with all stakeholders for implementation/closure of the open audit points.
- Continuously improve quality awareness and standards including sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, manufacturing, and sourcing to effectively collaborate and seek their inputs on improvement/development of quality systems and processes.
- Setup, maintain and operate laboratory to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Coordination with external laboratories and external calibration agencies for all other testing requirements.
- Support improvement programs on vendor quality.
- Develop and train the team to improve the effectiveness of the implementation of best practices in all areas of work.
- Identify learning needs of team members and personnel critical to food safety to enhance skills.
- Develop and maintain a motivated team.
- Plan and conduct training for all plant personnel on food safety and personal hygiene.
- Classify and process consumer feedback through interaction with customers and stakeholders.
- Advice immediate/short/long term action plan through the internal web-based systems to address customer issues promptly and maintain excellent customer satisfaction ratings.
- Assist in the investigation of quality-related matters, including coordination with other stakeholders and vendors.
- Review and report compliance status for identified risks.
- Report and track all business risk related to quality non-conformances and escalations.
- Report to all concerned stakeholders on business risk in this area.
- Liaison with statutory, regulatory and government agencies.
- Assist in commissioning and start-up of new projects and conduct IQ, OQ, PQ for new equipment installations.
- Validate quality aspects during scale-up trials including travel test and share trial reports to all stakeholders to ensure that all new products are developed and scaled up to meet quality norms.
- Develop new ways of working that would be cost-effective and be within the budget and quality requirements.
- Develop appropriate tracking mechanism to report progress on a daily/weekly/fortnightly /monthly/quarterly and annualized basis on outcomes of the implementation of quality plans.
- A Masters Degree in Food Technology or an M. Sc. In Food Science.
- 10-15 years of experience in the food industry.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety systems, GMP, GLP, auditing, compliance, training, food testing (including sensory), basic regulatory knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, assertiveness, negotiating capability.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.