NI – Quality Assurance Manager at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NI – Quality Assurance Manager
- The Quality Assurance Associate plays a pivotal role in the customer experience journey by ensuring our customers receive authentic and safe products that exceed their expectations.
- You’ll be accountable for all product quality assurance activities, working with key stakeholders and engaging them to ensure higher standards of quality, improved customer perception, and reduced merchandise return levels.
- Lead the customer complaint process by working with the appropriate functions in order to analyze the returned product/failure, formulate the response to the customer and work directly with that customer to resolve the issue.
- Ensure QC agents are not passing packages that customers have returned or rejected.
- End to end quality leadership responsibility, provide and enhance quality control processes, both internally and externally, to ensure quality requirements are met
- Analyze data insights across transactional customer satisfaction, QA performance, NPS detractors and support escalations
- Evaluate the acceptability of product quality testing and deciding next steps
- Manage the counterfeit battle (working with Production) and wrong item fulfillment (working with Vendor Support Centre)
- Set direction for our support strategy through building cross functional relationships both internally and externally
- Leverage findings from targeted analysis to contribute to the Continuous Improvement process
- Act as the technical and functional product expert to assigned business categories
- Develop and implement programs to establish, maintain, and deliver high product quality to Vendors and Customers.
Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality inspections and quality management
- Experience in a customer facing quality role
- Experience in directly related quality assurance/quality control functions, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven technical acumen demonstrated within a manufacturing, quality or consumer products environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
- Proficiency in data analysis tools
- Familiarity with ISO quality systems and typical standard operating procedures.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power -point) tools.
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to effectively advise senior leadership
- Good problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.