Network Administrator at a Leading Top 3 Pan African Energy Integrated Company – Accelon Consulting Limited
Accelon Consulting Limited – Our client is one of the leading top 3 Pan African Energy Integrated Companies in Africa, chiefly known as the market leader and innovator in metering technology and renewable solar energy.
They are recruiting an experienced and competent candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Administrator
- Configuring network hardware: To handle hardware like servers, routers and switches. Installing and maintaining hardware.
- Handling repairs and maintenance: upgrade, maintain and repair company computer networks. Troubleshoot network issues when they arise by analyzing and isolating issues to find the root of problems or inefficiencies.
- Designing network models: Assist network architects in designing database models.
- Managing software: Deploying and updating company-wide software like email, word processing and videoconferencing software. Software installation and maintenance.
- Ensuring network security: Implement security measures to protect company and user data, monitor networks to ensure their availability to specific users and maintain the integrity of the network and server deployment.
- Optimizing network storage: Work with cloud-based storage options and physical organization solutions to mitigate network storage concerns.
- Cloud server Management.
- Managing system application back ups.
- Installing systems: Assist the company and team by installing and supporting internet, intranet, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and network segments.
- Evaluating system performance: Review and test systems consistently to identify and remove errors that could affect their performance, measure their ability to meet user needs and better understand network and system requirements.
- Completing network address assignments: Handle the assignments of IP addresses to network connected devices. They might assign addresses on a static or dynamic basis, depending on their company’s practices or specific software features.
- Updating devices: Maintain network facilities in machines like drivers, printers and personal computers, Work with desktops, printers, firewalls and smartphones to troubleshoot performance issues, ensure authentication configurations and install updates and patches.
- Maintaining servers: Responsible for monitoring the performance of various network servers like file servers, intrusion detection systems and VPN gateways.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years work experience on the job.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacenter technologies including: Local (LAN) and (WAN);
- Firewalls, and VPN Network protocols
- Certification & Skills: CCNA is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of various network types, including wireless, fiber optic etc.
- Proven ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic enterprise environment.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicants should please put their current salary and location in the body of the mail.