Mechanical Engineer at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Operations
- We are looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.
- The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that mechanical maintenance are carried out properly & safely as per the requirement of the plant.
- To carry out maintenance of plant’s mechanical equipment.
- To train subordinate in order to ensure that mechanical maintenance are done timely and correctly.
- To ensure proper housekeeping of job areas and plant in general.
- Spares requirement planning.
- To follow instruction from superior always.
- Always follow-up the norms of NIS, ISO 19001-2015, NIS, ISO 14001-2015 & NIS ISO 45001-2018 on regular basis and maintain the records accordingly.
Education and Work Experience:
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Three (3) to nine (9) years cognate work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of instrumentation operation, monitoring and maintenance.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, Poromechanical or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online