MEA HQ – Cloud Solution Architect (Security) at Microsoft Nigeria
MEA HQ – Cloud Solution Architect (Security) at Microsoft Nigeria
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEA HQ – Cloud Solution Architect (Security)
Job number: 1033788
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Customer Success
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- The Opportunity: Joining the One Commercial Partner team as a Cloud Solution Architect means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the $2.2 trillion-dollar Digital Transformation market opportunity by 2019 – a 60% increase since 2016. Working in OCP means you are shaping the world’s largest eco-system of technology companies working to digitally transform the world’s most innovative companies, large and small.
- Microsoft’s Mission: Through our partners Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
- Overseeing Digital Transformation Success: The Regional Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) plays a critical role in working with partners to provide deep Identity & Security technical support through solution build and first mile customer engagements including Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS), Hackathons
- The Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) is a Solutions Architect building relationships with partner technical and development resources designing and architecting new Identify & Security solutions on Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud platform and technologies.
- CSAs deliver value via a portfolio of service delivery engagements optimized to accelerate partner solution builds and first mile customer wins.
- The CSA should possess deep solution and technical expertise to be able to lead technical activities and drive high priority initiatives aligned to the Microsoft Partner Journey Maps in collaboration with Microsoft teams and the partner.
- The role will need to develop required solutions and build partner technical capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to partner segment.
- The CSA will own the technical engagement including envisioning briefings, technical briefings, business architecture, solution architecture, architectural design reviews, proof of concept, and manage specific implementation programs with corresponding Proofs of Concept plans.
- The focus of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial technical and practice development relationship by working closely with partner technical leadership.
- The CSA represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, accelerate cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry-based Co-Sell.
- The Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) will drive practice-based partner technical capabilities in collaboration with the PTS. This is a partner facing role that is accountable for developing and support practices in both existing and newly recruited partners. Key responsibilities include:
- Technical Enablement: Jointly develop technical enablement plan for partners
- Enablement Execution: Lead and or contribute to the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners
- Technical Engagement: Lead deep technical engagements including; Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to define, bring new solutions to market
- Partner Skilling and Sharing Best Practices: Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering and Global Black Belt teams on specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices
- Technical Acumen: Understands technology trends and opportunities, compliance/risk issues by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, ISG/Saugatuck
- The Participation Economy: Joins the Participation economy attending Digital Transformation/Technology conferences like Build. Participates on technical panels and user groups and contributes with insights and work that is shared in communities such as MSDN and Channel9
- Technical Network: Invests in own LinkedIn Profile to promote value, experiences and expertise. Responsible for building an expansive Network of partner technical contacts and internal contacts including Engineering, Global Black belts, M&O and peer Architects
- Evangelist: Evangelizes the partners practice and solutions in customer’s implementations via Technical briefings, Architecture Review Sessions
- Implementation Success: Improves partner’s implementation success by increasing the number of FastTrack endorsed architects in the partner’s organization.
- Pre-Sales: Enable the partner on technical pre-sales skills while supporting initial partner’s wins.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities.
- Min 5 years of related experience in Security, such as Identity, Threat, Cloud Security, Network Security, SOC, SIEM, SOAR.
- Proven track record of building deep sales relationships with CXOs.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background required. MS in related fields desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.