Marketing Manager at a Leading Retail Company – TalentSquare
TalentSquare – Our client is a leading retail company with nationwide operations delivering fashion and lifestyle products and experiences to Nigerians. The company’s core business is focused on aspirational fashion brands and we have built great business relationships with top designer brands.
Their distribution channels include brick-and-mortar stores, e-commerce and wholesale distributors. The company has grown over the last ten years to become the retailer of choice within the fashion retail sector of the Nigerian economy.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- You are a brilliant and bold person, who asks the right questions and is able to glean insights from abstract themes.
- You have a sharp understanding of marketing, branding and business strategy and are able to apply this knowledge across multiple fields and industries.
- You are able to transform brands by creating strategies that improve brand performance and create unique value propositions that boost sales.
- You have exceptional people and relational skills as well as superior communication skills (verbal, presentation and written).
- You are very articulate and can break down complex themes into easy-to-understand forms.
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker, and can balance systems and creativity seamlessly.
- You are customer-centric, you understand the importance of customers to a business.
- You are able to transfer your knowledge to others through teaching.
- You are adaptable and flexible in your thinking and approach, whilst maintaining resourcefulness and a consistent attitude of being proactive.
Why This Role Matters:
- Our client attributes much of their success to the strength of marketing. To build on this momentum, we have been commissioned to search for a highly qualified Marketing Manager.
- From day one, this individual will contribute to existing marketing plans, while assisting with the development of new branding and marketing strategy aligned with top line company goals for the short-term and long-term.
- This role is fundamental to the success of the business, beginning with understanding the audience and consumers, segmenting them and turning creation of value for them into sales and revenue.
- Brand building and effective marketing are key to success in the retail industry. The insights from marketing activity and the results of our marketing efforts help to make key business decisions about how resources are used, become more efficient, and create the right offerings for their audience
- Who your internal customers are and how this role delivers value to them
- The Executive Director – you report directly to the ED. This role is a key part of the overall organisational strategy, and helps the company’s leadership understand – the market, consumer trends, the consumer landscape as well as insights for strategic direction.
- The Marketing Team – your internal team. This team will be led by you and you will provide strategic leadership, guidance, direction and oversight.
- The Merchandising Team – this role provides for the merchandising team insight about the target audience, their preferences and behavior to inform merchandising priorities and execution.
- The Sales Team – this role provides insight on the target audience, their preferences and behavior to inform sales tactics, strategy and direction. It is also an avenue through which the sales team may receive direct customer feedback and opinions.
- Leader of the team
- Brand custodian
- Establishes brand and marketing strategy
- Responsible for developing, implementing and executing short-term and long-term strategic marketing plans.
- Translate global brand strategy for all brands into a relevant and impactful local context
- Directs and oversees marketing activity
- Responsible for marketing budget
- Updating senior leadership on the progress of marketing activities and reporting on the results of campaigns
- Manage and coordinate marketing and creative staff
- Lead market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services
- Brainstorm ideas for new campaigns
- Coordinate with the sales team and other departments to produce effective strategies
- Monitor current campaigns, ensuring team members meet deadlines and complete necessary tasks
- Analyze data to evaluate the success of their marketing efforts and come up with new ideas to improve brand marketing and exposure
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications
- Past work experience as a manager or leader in roles like brand management, marketing management or similar
- Knowledge of brand strategy, and how it feeds into all other aspects of marketing
- Understanding of brand identity, positioning and anatomy
- Understanding of value proposition
- Consumer and customer understanding
- Customer journey and experience building
- Knowledge of end-to-end marketing processes
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Customer and market research expertise
- Media and online savvy
- Team leadership experience
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Previous experience in fashion retail
- Master’s Degree or Professional Degree in Marketing or related field
- Professional qualification or membership in a recognised Marketing or Consulting Association / Institute
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online