Manager, IT Security Operations at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, IT Security Operations
Job ID: IRC4714
- Strategic and Tactical oversight covering all elements of IT Security as well as day-to-day operations including scoping of requirements, secured system design, applications security, implementation of security solutions, incident response, budgetary control and adherence to any necessary protocols, regulations or legal requirements.
- To succeed in this role, candidate must have an in-depth knowledge to effectively manage all major aspects of Application, network, Data and Information Security within EMTS while interfacing with internal auditors, and enterprise risk management to ensure audit findings are adequately and timely remediated.
- Support the Identification and safeguarding of EMTS assets from security threats and exploit.
- Liaison with partners, key stakeholders, vendors or third-party service and solution providers on Information Security needs and requirements.
- Oversight, planning and execution of any required vulnerability audits, penetration tests or forensic IT audits or related investigations.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating a robust centralized mechanism for security protection, detection, monitoring and response.
- Raise the security situational awareness of EMTS employees by coordinating regular and periodic phishing simulation
- Support security and forensic investigations and compliance reviews as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Play an advisory role in application development, acquisition or delivery projects, to assess information security requirements and ensure that security controls are implemented as planned throughout the project life cycle to fulfill these requirements
- Conduct research, assess new threats and security alerts and recommend and follow through on appropriate actions to mitigate them
- Support the evaluation, selection and delivery of information security solutions and projects.
- Interface with other teams within and outside the IT department in the process of delivering security solutions.
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers and partners to ensure effective optimization, adoption and delivery of solutions.
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the Head, Information Risk Management.
- First Degree or equivalent in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or other numerate science.
- Minimum of Six (6) years relevant work experience, with at least three (3) years in enterprise information security engineering or network security and three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Strong technical IT/ Networking background in a mixed environment (Windows & Linux).
- Possession of relevant IT Security certifications including CISSP/CISM, CNSS, CEH, ISO27001,MS SC-900, etc.
- Broad experience in implementing data security across the entire data life cycle.
- Good understanding of telecommunication business and technology model.
- Good understanding of business analysis and project management methods.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online