Junior Accountant at Virtual PALyn
Virtual PALyn – Our client in Mile 12 Lagos Nigeria is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a junior accountant with an analytical mind and fantastic organizational skills.
- The junior accountants are expected to be detail-oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Analyze financial information and prepare balance sheets.
- Coordinate with management and staff to prepare budgets.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Resolve accounts payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Complete end-of-month close procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field (essential).
- 1-3 years of accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.