Plantation Auditor at Saroafrica International Limited
Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saro’s is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saro is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is intended for Saro Oil Palm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plantation Auditor
Location: Urhonigbe, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Review Agribusiness value chain strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance process in Agro-allied operations.
- Support in the formulation and implementation of business strategy in agribusiness in line with global best practices.
- Ensure Good Agricultural Practices for Oil Palm cultivation (i.e Seedling to Harvesting End-To-End Process) and Plantation
- Maintenance is properly documented, implemented, and the same reviewed periodically in line with the emerging Agrotechnology
- Ensure the Nursey program is planned and reviewed by Management and same is well monitored periodically. Review and monitor controls over Agro inputs and other inventories (Receipt, Storage & Disbursement Process)
- Monitor the cost of agricultural inputs per hectare and ensure it is not higher than the industry average
- Review and monitor controls over all plantation services outsourced to 3rd parties
- Review and monitor adherence to Security controls / procedures in the plantation
- Engage with process owners to make professional recommendations with respect to farm performance in Nutrient management, Soil & Water Management, Pest Management, Weed management, and Crop management.
- Review plantation activities, identify and report on control gaps and/or non-compliances that require audit intervention
- Follow-up with process owners to ensure timely closure of identified control gaps and/or non-compliances in line with agreed timelines and provide periodic reports on the implementation status of audit recommendations Daily / Weekly / Monthly report on the management of Agro-input and other inventories (Receipt, Storage & Disbursement)
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly report on compliance with Good Agricultural Practices with respect to Oil Palm cultivation and Plantation Maintenance
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly report on compliance with Plantation Security procedures.
- The Plantation Auditor must demonstrate full understanding and have clarity about Saro’s core values, guidelines, and policies, and must ensure strict adherence to the company’s Core Values, Code of Conduct, and all Guidelines, Policies and Procedures always.
- The Plantation Auditor could be assigned additional responsibilities or roles as may be deemed necessary by the ED, ARCG, or the MD of Saroafrica International.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper in Accounting from a reputable university
- Professional certification in accounting will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ Audit experience
- Goodknowledge and use of Microsoft Office packages & ERP systems (Knowledge of Navision& SharePoint will be an added advantage).
- Age Requirement: 30 years and below.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online