Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will support the performance management for all task orders and also provide coordination for the End Use Verification surveys. The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will support project performance report submission and related activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Coordinate the review and update of the EUV tool.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the EUV, and ensure timely submission of the report to PMI
- Get budget approval for the activity
- Facilitate engagement of stakeholders, i.e. GON and Partners.
- Prepare survey tools including training materials and phones.
- Coordinate train data collectors.
- Support data collection teams on to field.
- Supervise the collation of survey tools from the teams from the field, and providing feedback as needed.
- Ensure timely submission of the EUV report to PMI
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual data reports, and upload to the online platforms.
- Participate in the implementation of data quality assessments.
- Participate in the update of the Country Performance Management Plan.
- Participate in project work plan development / update.
- Participate in capacity building for GoN staff at federal and state level
- Participate in program performance review and Continuous Quality Improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science / Social Science discipline or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an M&E position, where responsible for implementing M&E activities for USAID or international donor-funded development projects
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation systems for public health programs / projects or logistic services in Nigeria.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Performance Management Plans
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative / quantitative), data collection and analysis methodologies; experience with innovative and electronic, real-time monitoring methods highly desired
- Proficiency in database software packages; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SPSS, EPI INFO, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government structures at central or sub-national levels
- Attendance in any logistic training at least 5days training on core areas of logistics
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, RH, TB, or Malaria programs strongly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills: must function well in a team setting.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Training facilitation skills is a plus.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will report directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (Performance Management) or Designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online