Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Supply Chain Planning Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Career Category: Program/Project Management
Job Description / Scope Of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Integrated Supply Chain Planning Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
- All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Integrated Supply Chain Planning Advisor will provide technical support to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in developing health product inventory management and positioning across the four task orders to ensure access to health commodities and uninterrupted supply to health facilities.
- S/he in collaboration with other advisors will inform health product planning, distribution, and inventory management to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his/her designate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide technical support to the National and State Governments and partners in the development of health products inventory management strategy to guide efficient health product positioning for optimized warehousing and distribution services.
- Support national long-term inventory planning and warehouse network optimization to facilitate timely and efficient distribution of required health products to the clinics.
- Support integrated business planning processes on health commodity management, in-flow and outflow of the products from national and international sources to the clinics.
- Support the collaboration with Deliver and Return Team in the development of an efficient long-haul distribution plan to maximally utilize warehouse and distribution infrastructures, manage product shelf life and minimize the expiry of health products.
- Support the management of aggregated end-to-end commodity demand planning and inventory positioning to ensure uninterrupted access to essential health commodities at the clinics.
- Support the development of long-term forecast of clinic requirements to guide efficient and effective deployment of third-party logistics providers’ assets to support service delivery.
- Provide national support in supply chain system design, implementation, and reviews in line with program changes that will improve access to health commodity needs to patients.
- Support the development of a synchronized inventory management activities in collaboration with forecasting and supply planning team, deliver and return team and state-based field program teams to increase visibility and prompt decision making based on available data.
- Facilitate the development and sharing of months of stock information as required by GHSC-PSM Home Office to monitor national and facility level stock availability data.
- Facilitate capacity development of Government at the National and State levels in the establishment of system for periodic stock status review, presentation and dissemination for decision making.
- In collaboration with the Management Information Systems, team review available logistics data and support development of national stock status report to inform forecasting, supply planning and procurement decisions.
- Provide technical support to health program procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings on national inventory management.
- Collaborate with the M&E team to develop and update necessary tools needed for logistics data management and use on health commodities supply chain.
- Support the development of appropriate supply chain presentations and reports on current situations, innovations and supply chain solutions that will promote sustainable systems.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Integrated Supply Planning Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply Chain Operations or equivalent is required.
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Five (5) years of professional experience in health commodity planning, distribution and inventory management.
- Working experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment desired.
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to use Microsoft tools in projections and planning is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required.
- The Integrated Supply Chain Planning Advisor will report directly to the Integrated Supply Chain Planning Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online