Avant Halogen is an integrated talent risk management and outsourcing solutions company. We deliver innovative talent management using our cutting-edge digital solutions that drive business performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Underwriting & ICT
- The person that shall head this department will work closely with the MD/CEO as the reference standard for validating the conceptualized ideas of the CEO and Business Development Department on the matrices of actuarial valuation before presentation to the Strategic Planning Committee for adoption of such for implementation. S/he shall oversee the Regions/Branches.
- S/he will also work closely work with all heads of department, to ensure HMO remains solvent in its operations at all times.
- S/he shall double up as the Chief Internal Control Officer of the HMO and shall always be the first choice as the Administrative relief of the MD/CEO in expediency.
- S/he will have a direct oversight on the Information Communication Technology (ICT)/Management Information System (MIS) Unit and liaise with various members of the Health Services & Quality Assurance Department to conduct risk assessment exercises.
- S/he shall see to the MIS unit under this Department contributing to the effective analysis of claims data, utilization data and clients profile, to generate actuarial valuation indices in underwriting risks of existing “Benefits Plan” at renewal of policies (to ensure appropriate pricing at all times) and advise Clients Services Unit on rates at policy renewals. This shall form a major appraisal index on monthly basis for this employee.
- S/he shall directly oversee the underwriting of new plans whilst working directly with the Credits Control Unit of the Finance & Admin Department on receivables, to match Accounting data for effective strategic claims and financial risk management advice to the SPC and CEO on weekly basis. Accordingly, all proposals to Clients (Corporate and Private Plans) generated by the Business Development Department for the Sales team shall be routed through the Head of Underwriting Department before the MD/CEO signs off and any error/liability arising therefrom shall be pinned on the Head of Underwriting. This shall form a major appraisal index for this employee’s performance review monthly.
- S/he shall periodically develop templates for review of premium tables to guarantee adequacy of reserves in meeting claims/capitation prompt payment, by maintaining the company in liquid solvency at all times, in compliance with NHIS stipulation that the solvent margin prescribed for HMO is not less than 15% of gross contribution in the year under review or the paid up share capital, whichever is greater, at all times. This shall form a major appraisal index for reviewing this employee’s performance quarterly.
- S/he shall be responsible for rating, underwriting and monitoring performance of reinsurance accounts within underwriting guidelines or policies
- S/he shall be responsible for “Business Intelligence Training” of staff on quarterly basis by the ICT Company that installed the HMO Software, for optimization of business processes by all key users of the HMO software adopted by the Company. This shall form a major appraisal index for review of performance of the holder of this office on quarterly basis.
- S/he shall be responsible for reviewing all registration done on the database to ensure minimal error relating to enrollee data and choice of hospital, whilst ensuring enrollee ID cards are delivered before the commencement of scheme for new registration and timely for existing enrollee. This shall form an appraisal index for monthly review of performance of the holder of this office.
- S/he shall be responsible for evaluating controls and advising managers at all levels on risk management.
- S/he shall ensure prompt resolution of enrollee complaints for both emergency and non-emergency cases, develop templates for easing our business dealings with clients, and design a structured filling system. This shall form a major appraisal index on monthly basis for the review of the performance of the holder of this office.
- This function is manned by the Head of Underwriting & ICT. Reporting into this role directly are the Underwriting Unit, Data Capturing & Enrollment Unit, Information System/Data Management Unit, Claims/Record Unit (horizontally), Credit Control Unit (horizontally), the Sales Unit (horizontally). Direct oversight on Regional and Branch Operations (horizontally in Operations) whilst they maintain their vertical reporting line to the MD/CEO as may apply.
- S/he must possess a good First Degree in the Analytical Sciences or Social Sciences, preferably Statistics or Economics and a Postgraduate Degree in Insurance or Actuarial Sciences or vice versa, with a good working knowledge of the health insurance underwriting as an added advantage.
- Possession of a Master’s in Business Administration from a very reputable shall only be an addition but not a substitution to the prerequisites.
- S/he must possess not less than fifteen (15) years post qualification experience in analytics role in any of the financial services sector, part of which must be a minimum of seven (7) years cognate experience in any of the leading National HMO in Nigeria with a proven tracked record of sustained profitability over the last five years.
- S/he must be honest, diligent, professional, tactful, discrete, and resilient with attention to details and have good numeric and analytical skills as well as confidence with numbers. These shall form a major appraisal index on regular basis for the holder of this office.
- S/he must have a good interpersonal skill at all levels and willingness to work with others and respect their views, as s/he will be critically relied by the Strategic Project Committee and the CEO on major business decisions vis-a-vis the health of the Company’s reserve. This shall form a major appraisal index on monthly basis for the holder of this office.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.