Chemonics International is one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Advisor (Global Fund)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Finance Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the Global Fund Contract in Nigeria.
- SAII Associates Limited / Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc., has been engaged to provide health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance for HIV/AIDS relief, malaria prevention and elimination, tuberculosis prevention (TB), and family planning and reproductive health programs.
- Working in partnership with the Government of Nigeria, SAII’s multi-donor logistics platform addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain throughout the country of Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all aspects of the project accounting and financial management.
- Oversee the processing of accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and adhere to home office field accounting manual procedures.
- Follow client and Chemonics policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepare procurement transactions and payments, ensuring that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate.
- Review copies of all receipts for all expenses.
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during audits.
- Review expense reports.
- Enter accounting transactions into the accounting software.
- Prepare bank reconciliation process.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation.
- Support payroll processing each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as the Provident Fund withholdings and employer contributions, as required.
- Liaise with income tax authority and remit employee withholdings on a monthly basis, as required.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the home office Field Accounting and Support Team (FAST) representative.
- Prepare coding sheets before they are sent to the Finance Director and Director Donor Integration or Country Director for review and approval.
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures.
- Support the Finance Director in subcontractor management by reviewing and monitoring monthly subcontractor invoices.
- Evaluate VAT reports to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure all transactions follow client and Chemonics rules and regulations.
- Support the Finance Director as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve the project’s goals and objectives.
Supervision for Global Fund:
- The Finance Advisor will report directly to the Finance Manager and will report with dotted lines to the Director Donor Integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field required.
- Certification of Chartered Accountants or local equivalent desirable.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience working with USAID or other donor funded experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required.
- Fluency in English required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online