JMG Limited Recruitment 2023 Apply Now!!!
JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (Caterpillar Inc, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Legrand, Ge Lighting, Kaeser Compressors, Thyssenkrupp), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
Company Secretary Role:
- Responsible for organizing, administering, and management of the company’s secretariat, including but not limited to, the following:
- In consultation with the Chairman of the Board and the Managing Director, the convening of Annual General Meetings and Board of Directors Meetings by issuing proper Notices of Meeting to qualified members
- The development of minutes of the meetings in a professional manner
- The distribution of minutes of those meetings to qualified members
- The filing of the Minutes and Notices in the Minutes Book the Company.
- Responsible for the opening and maintaining of Statutory Books of the Company, namely:
- Register of members (shareholders)
- Register of Charges
- Register of Directors/Secretary
- Register of Debenture Holders
- Minutes Book
- Has the duty of ensuring compliance by the company with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Renders proper returns to the Corporate Affairs Commission and other statutory agencies.
- Carry out such administrative or other secretarial duties as may be directed by the Directors or Board.
- Providing relevant inputs in the development of various corporate policies as may be necessary for the Company.
Legal Adviser Role:
- Proffer legal opinions and advice to all the Departments including the HR, Credit Control, Maintenance, Sales and major organs of the Company.
- Negotiate, prepare and review standard templates for agreements
- Efficient case management of civil and criminal cases
- Responsible for the appointment, supervision and regular review of the performance of external solicitors and debt collectors
- Managing litigation, legal disputes and liabilities arising from contractual and other relationships with the company, driving and instituting strategies and practical legal solutions to disputes and effectual legal defense while upholding the Company’s legal position
- Review of court processes and liaison with external solicitors to prosecute cases for or against the Company
- Coordination of all settlement meetings
- Responsible for recovery of debts referred to the Legal Department
- Working with various heads of departments to determine the best redress or response to a dispute
- Participation in all forms of investigation (external and internal)
- Managing and tracking expenditure under the litigation budget
- Advise on all new laws and regulations and their impact on the business
- Develop and monitor corporate compliance database on the legislation and regulations that impact the business.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition, or procedure in the workplace, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies
- Graduate in Law or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree is a Plus.
- 10 – 12 years of proven experience as a Legal Officer or similar jobs in a complex unionized business environment.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.