Internal Audit Manager at Lily Hospitals Limited – Delta & Edo
Lily Hospitals is a multi-specialty private hospital. We offer world-class services in key areas of healthcare including fertility treatment, cardiology, urology, ophthalmology and pediatrics. Collectively, our hospitals offer a range of diagnostic services including: Magnetic Resonance Scanners (MRI), Advanced Ultrasound Scanners, 4 Slice CT scanner, Digital Conventional Radiology, Endoscopy, Screening Mammography, Advanced Vision Screening, Cardiac imaging and Pathology Services. Since we were established in 1984, Lily Hospitals have grown in both size and scope of services offered. We are passionate about achieving our vision to become one of the foremost healthcare groups in Nigeria by 2020 by continuously improving care and governance to provide a growing number of Nigerians with high quality and affordable private hospital care.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Locations: Edo and Delta
- The Internal Audit Manager is in charge will be responsible for ensuring that internal processes are followed correctly and consistently inside the business.
- He/she will plan and ensure that independent and objective assessment / evaluation of risk is carried out across the organization. In addition, will work with a team of auditors to check the quality of products or services, identify problems, and create innovative & insightful solutions on how to fix them.
- He/she would be required to create training programs for new staff and/or assist in the development of new departmental standards and procedures that will support the achievement of the organizational goals.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
Audit Design and Planning:
- Create an annual audit plan with feedback from the team and stakeholders IN A BID to identify the year’s priorities and resource requirements.
- Schedule and allocate audits to team members to ensure efficient use of human resources.
- Report to the CERO on internal audit assignments, including scheduled reviews, investigations, risk advisory work, and all other activities assigned, at the necessary intervals.
- Increase the team’s involvement in and support for key business change efforts WHILE ensuring that all change initiatives are given adequate risk and control considerations.
- Oversee and provide quality control for the department’s audit
- ENSURES that the department’s mission and business goals are accomplished and that professional standards are upheld at all times.
- Coordinates and plans financial, regulatory, compliance, and operational assessments.
- Assess financial risks on a regular basis and put procedures in place to limit identified risks.
- Conducts audit processes to test the reliability of the organization’s existing controls.
- Determines control gaps and areas for improvement.
- Ensuring that business assets are always secured and accounted for.
- Management of People and Processes
- Development and revision of internal control rules and procedures on a regular basis.
- Develop connections with executives within the organization to better understand concerns and find areas for change
- Create new approaches to enhance the audit process, making it “easier” for the organization to request audits and implement recommendations.
- Create new approaches to enhance the audit process, making it “easier” for the organization to seek audits and put suggestions into action.
- Stay up to date on changes in Corporate Governance and Risk Management processes and advise the firm accordingly.
- Assist the organization in satisfying regulatory obligations.
- Manage and supervise team’s performance via performance planning, coaching, and performance evaluations.
- Handle performance concerns, reprimand as needed, and address inadequate standards, ensuring that department goals and customer happiness are not jeopardized.
- An advanced Degree such as M.Sc., MBA, in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any related Business Degree.
- 5 to 9 years relevant work experience preferably in the Health or Service sector.
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Full membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), ACCA.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent, negotiation, communication, business presentation and people management skills.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.