Import and Export Logistics Manager at Konga Nigeria
Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian e-commerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 35 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Health, Konga Food, etc.
We are currently looking for talented persons (male and female) with passion for the ecommerce space to join our logistics team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Import and Export Logistics Manager
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid-Management Level
Reports to: Head, Business Development Operations
- The Logistics Sales/Business Development Managers will be responsible for generating and converting sales opportunities within allotted regions and shall ensure that all assets within his/her care are properly drilled to maximize its potential.
- The role also entails working closely with the warehouse and supply chain team of many organizations as the case maybe on luggage shipment planning and ensuring business targets are being achieved.
Some Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the company’s shipping (import and export) business, including scheduling appointments with shipping companies and filing customs paperwork
- Negotiating contracts with customers regarding prices, product quality, and delivery times
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all export shipments, communicating with customers, vendors, and other departments to ensure smooth and timely delivery
- Monitoring industry regulations and compliance issues related to importing and exporting goods
- Meeting regularly with suppliers or customers to establish new business relationships or maintain existing ones
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex import and export transactions for clients, including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company’s system and obtaining consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations, communicating changes in domestic and foreign regulation procedures to client, co-workers and third parties in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Directly responsible for the daily maintenance and coordination of AOG shipments, client relationship development, ad account servicing for key accounts based on customer contracts and SOP’s
- Continually reviews freight costs and transportation rates
- Coordinate with freight forwarders/ shipping lines/Clearing agency to avoid any delays and reduce conflicts.
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met.
- Prepare export documentation, including commercial invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Arrange for freight forwarding services, tracking shipments, and updating customers on expected arrival times
- Negotiate rates and service contracts with transportation providers
- Monitor changes in export regulations and advise management of any updates that could impact the company’s operations
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve export logistics operations and make recommendations to management
- Engage senior management for buy-in to implement solution identified.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- Minimum of Bachelor ’s Degree. However, candidates with diploma and strong experience can be considered
- 3+ years experience in Air or Land Import/Export logistics or Freight Forwarding (experience in Ocean Export can as well suffice)
- Knowledge of shipping methods
- Experience in a previous role involving extensive client contact
- Candidate must possess a strong track record for delivering successful sales experience in personal selling, telephone sales, and customer service
- Solid skills with MS Office software; good experience with sales automation, customer relationship management, and other web-based software programs
- Interpersonal skills: Sociable personality with know-how at developing relationships
- Communication skills: Applicants for this role must be analytical and a problem solver with adequate skill set to handle stressful situations while putting the needs of the customer first
- Time management, multitasking and negotiations skills are also required.
Why work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV containing their LinkedIn profile details OR Portrait photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.