iMMAP Nigeria Recruitment 2023 Apply Now!!!
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Description of Duties
- Additionally, the IM Specialist is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by INGO Forum and to improve and effectiveness the distribution of materials.
- The IM Specialist will support all goals and strategies of the INGO Forum programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies.
- The IM Specialist will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- Design and develop NIF contact databases, spreadsheets, and mailing lists; effectively manage the plenary and platform mailing lists, including their group chats, and support team members in managing their respective mailing lists.
- Facilitate and ensure the development or introduction of systems, tools, or platforms that would facilitate the automation of our contact management processes.
- Liaise with members, observers, donors, and other partners to ensure that their contacts are regularly updated on our contact databases; and ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of all contact data.
- Appropriately assign all contacts of our members, observers and external stakeholders to their respective mailing lists as requested.
- Make all contacts available and accessible to the NIF team, and in some cases the members, in a simple spreadsheet format.
Knowledge and Data Management:
- Introduce or oversee the design and development or improvement of data collection tools, databases, and systems required for data management and information dissemination.
- Coordinate the timely data collection from the field, members, and other sources, when needed to support gap analysis, evidence-based advocacies and collective visibility of INGO activities.
- Conduct data cleaning and analyses of available datasets, and produce regular information reports, visualisations, and maps, necessary to facilitate planning, service delivery, collaboration, and decision making.
- Ensure all data collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, and dissemination activities do not harm any individual. This involves applying the necessary guidelines around data protection, including the NDPR and GDPR, to handle sensitive, confidential, or personally identifiable information.
- Coordinate assessment and needs analysis activities, including routine surveys to the Forum members and other stakeholders. Also manage the NIF survey platform and when needed, other tools that facilitate data collection and analysis such as the KoBoToolbox.
- Ensure data from the field, members and other sources is periodically and consistently collected and stored in a way that improve relevancy, availability and compatibility, and is available for regular and ad hoc analyses to support decision making.
- Periodically collect and compile information on INGO activities in support of the Who, What, Where, When, Whom database, and using this information, update stakeholders on progress of joint INGO intervention.
- Regularly review and improve the membership application pack and processes for registering new members and membership renewals.
- Establish, implement, and manage systems that promote knowledge sharing and retention through online collaboration, filing and documentation, video conferencing, among others.
Information Sharing and Visibility:
- Review, improve and manage brand identity for the Forum, including guidelines for application of the Forum’s identity on internal and external communication products. Ensure that the brand guidelines are uniformly and consistently followed by the team and stakeholders.
- Using the Forum’s brand guidelines, periodically revise or develop standardised tools and reporting templates including but not limited to letterhead, meeting notes, presentation slides, etc. to support daily activities of the Forum.
- Develop and maintain information pack about INGO Forum for new members and arriving INGOs; and provide advisory support on welcome pack for members and partners.
- Utilise available data analysis and visualisation tools, including GIS and Adobe Creative tools, to design and produce infographics, maps and other information products when needed.
- Manage NIF publications; by providing graphical/design supervisory support for various information products, as well as the development of high-quality visual products.
- Summarise key documents (reports, assessments, etc.) and share with the members or partners in easily read format.
- Coordinate the dissemination of NIF information management tools, templates and products, including interactive dashboard, snapshots, presentations, and reports, and promote their acceptance and use by staff and within the INGO community.
- Provide liaison support with relevant partners and stakeholders to efficiently compile necessary information in order to respond to external requests.
- Train staff and members on the use of NIF platforms, tools and templates, as well as assist in planning information management activities
- Perform any additional task assigned by the supervisor
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- At least 4 years of working experience with GIS on-field operational level and in a multi-cultural environment.
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks, Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Very good ability in topographical map reading.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, GIS, database management/Administration (familiarity with PHP, HTML or any other programming language), data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- Demonstrated experience of using common survey platforms is required; knowledge of LimeSurvey is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, data analysis as well as preparing reports and presentations using GIS and other visualisation tools such as Power BI.
- Good working knowledge of MS Exchange server and other email marketing services
- Understanding of data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Possess advanced skills in MS-Access, MS SQL Server, Web design.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects and agencies
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good command in English required
- PHP and HTML
- Microsoft Office and Advance MS Excel skills
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online