HR / Admin Assistant at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
HR / Admin Assistant at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Assistant
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The Human Resources (HR) Assistant under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer will support new hires for the organization including recruitment, screening, recruiting, interview and employee placement.
- He/she will on-board new employees, and guide through the complicated process of compliance, Because HR represents both the employee and the organization, the Human Resources and Admin Assistant must be well-organized when performing administrative and strategic hiring duties.
- He/she also has the crucial task of ensuring IMC’s HR policies and procedures are in compliance with all state and federal labor regulations.
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per IMC’s Operations Handbook and HR Handbook.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment, and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete, and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation.
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the IMC Learning Catalogue.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water Dispensers, telephone, photocopier, etc.) are in good working order.
- Payment of office and guest house bills.
- Responsible for office supplies.
- Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance in a timely manner in coordination with the Logistics staff.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Ensure that IMC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
Required Qualifications / Minimum requirements Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar role or HR administration or management.
- Other relevant professional / management certifications would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is desirable.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Ms Word, email and utilization of the internet.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, addressed to “The Country Director, International Medical Corps”, via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this *recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization So Damboa Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Position: Nigerian nationals only.