Head, Commercial at an Oil and Gas Servicing Firm – KPMG Nigeria
Head, Commercial at an Oil and Gas Servicing Firm – KPMG Nigeria
KPMG – Our client, an Oil and Gas Servicing Firm is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Commercial
Job Type: Full Time
Sector: Oil and Gas
- Our Client is looking for a Head, Commercial within the company. The Person will plan, develop and implement commercial strategies that focus on generating revenue, maximising opportunities for profit, and creating sustainable growth for the Company.
- The position is responsible for ensuring that the business has a steady pipeline of opportunities and that these opportunities are translated into viable projects.
- Participate in the articulation of the organisation’s strategic plans and in translating same into annual programs, initiative, and plans.
- Develop clear functional plans, strategies, and tactics in line with overarching corporate strategic direction ensuring proper communication to team members.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.) as well as to understand threats.
- Manage existing client relationships – understanding their requirements, ensuring their needs are met.
- Ensure that all offers made are technically sound and that gaps and complexities are identified and duly addressed.
- Ascertain that all contracts are profitable and entered on terms that guarantee reasonable /projected return on investment (ROI).
- Continually review commercial processes and approaches and adapt to reflect client needs and improve conversion opportunities. Role must actively review proposal submissions, understand limitations from projects not won as well as key lessons and ensure these are addressed to improve subsequent performances.
- Stay in-tune with trends within the sector particularly as it pertains to new opportunities, gather insights and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (e.g. business development, costing, bidding and tendering).
- Negotiate ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers; manage and review contracts and make recommendations regarding commerciality.
- Track, measure and analyse performance of commercial activities using key metrics and reporting to senior management.
- Establish and maintain long-term, profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Monitor the Nigerian Content submission and ensure compliance with existent laws related to Nigerian content and directly associated matters.
- Provide broad leadership and strategic and operational guidelines to the commercial team. Ensure that the relevant capabilities are developed in team members on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in strategic projects/committees (as necessary) ensuring effective contribution towards the realization of agreed objectives.
- Undertake special projects as directed by the MD.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of Negotiated Agreements.
- Effectiveness of Tendering Processes in Securing Contracts.
- Percentage increase in Revenue/Turnover in each time period.
- Business Performance against Industry Benchmarks.
- Percentage of Customer Satisfaction.
- High level of awareness of the Brand.
- Rate of improvement of Business Processes.
- Percentage Achievement of Organisational Mission/Vision.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Development Management, Project Management or related professional discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in EPC, Oil & Gas, or related industry with at least 5 years in Senior Management Commercial position
- Membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Very deep knowledge of the broader sector and the sub sector within which the business plays. Role must have a strong appreciation of market dynamics, opportunities, threats, limitations, regulations etc. and how these can be effectively managed or harnessed by the business.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of legal and financial aspects of EPCOM businesses.
- Role holder must possess very strong business and commercial acumen and entrepreneurial mindset. Ideal candidate must be strategic , understanding trends and how this can be anticipated and leveraged to curate a competitive advantage for the business.
- Ability to demonstrate sound analytical and critical reasoning skills and can apply data analysis/thinking to understand situations and make informed decisions.
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions and actively work to resolve the issues.
- Role requires very strong communication and interpersonal abilities to successfully manage relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills. Role holder must be adept at managing across stakeholder groups and must be able to rapidly develop a strong and beneficial relationship network at strategic levels.
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Very strong organizational and execution skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in multi-cultural environment and collaborate across multiple areas in a cooperative and respectful manner to achieve a common business objective.
- Skillful in the adoption and application of innovative methods to implement strategy and manage change.
- Ability to gather and understand financial and non-financial information to develop complete knowledge of the client business and the environment in which it operates.
- Able to identify and advise on business partnering to develop strategic relationships that create opportunities, improve performance, and solve business problems.
- Adequate knowledge of risk management for the best interests of the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Good Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate, and enhance performance within a cross – functional environment.
- Must be courageous in taking hard decisions consistent with personal convictions and in the overall interest of the Company,
- High level of resilience, determination and creativity- all channelled towards ensuring opportunities deliver/ exceed performance expectations.
- Must exhibit high energy level – self-starter.
- Demonstrable maturity, pragmatic, and flexible approach with strong commercial judgement.
- Must be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online