Fleet Manager at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Responsible for ensuring that all drivers are properly scheduled to follow their routes, make all necessary deliveries and pickups.
- Schedule maintenance on trucks, ensure compliance with driving regulations and provide inputs to strategic decisions that affects operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange fleets and fleets operational staff to provide support and schedule special event planning.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation follows local and state rules.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company’s objectives.
- Ensure that trucks and drivers logbooks are properly maintained for input of relevant documentations.
- Review and sign-off on periodic vehicle fueling requests in line with approved provisions.
- Coordinate routine servicing, repair of vehicle as at when required and maintain relevant documentations.
- Perform periodic vehicle inspection, report incidences, and provide recommendations to Head of Department.
- Liaise with the maintenance workshop to ensure prompt and complete service and repair of DCT trucks.
- Prepare and submit monthly fleet report.
- Perform any other related job as assigned by Head of Department.
Education and Work Experience
Academic Requirement and Work Experience:
- First Degree or its equivalent in Transport and Logistics or procurement.
- Professional qualification in Chartered institute of logistics and transport (CILT)
- At least five (5) years experience in a generalist logistics role.
Skills and Competences:
- Basic Knowledge of computer application.
- Ability to effectively apply scheduling techniques to work.
- Basic knowledge of record management systems (manual and automated).
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Performance driven and resulted oriented individual
- Training & Development
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online