Family Health International (FHI 360) Recruitment 2023 Apply Now!!!
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and responded to the humanitarian crisis in the NE for five years. In anticipation of a new project, and in support of ongoing ones, FHI360 seeks an experienced Field Coordinator to support our response to the humanitarian crisis in NE Nigeria.
- The Field Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating field site operations, facilities, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities. S/he will manage field site staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all field site operations including all logistical support for program activities and ensure that all facilities at the field site run efficiently.
- Supervise field site staff. Ensure all operations, administrative and contractual activities and expenditures are consistent with project’s work plan and budget.
- Update the Response Coordinator & Maiduguri Response Team on all program activities.
- Contribute to planning and coordination of field activities. Assist Corporate with the coordination of country and regional field presence, whether in the
- form of new offices or as a supplement of staff, equipment, and infrastructure to an existing office.
- Plan and organize ordering and stocking of program materials. Work with project staff to formalize Statements of Work (SOW) into contracts (e.g.,
- consultancy/volunteers work orders, and purchase orders, etc.).
- Coordinate and ensure effective and smooth management of the car parking space at the field site.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Monitor and enforce compliance to organization and/or donor’s policies and regulations for procurement, completion of contractual deliverables, and other areas: monitor concerns and address technical staff’s questions regarding contracts and client compliance; advise and take corrective action.
- Ensure that all deliverables for all volunteer/contractual arrangements are tracked, monitored, and delivered; includes developing and managing an appropriate tracking mechanism.
- Coordinate and monitor program activities with respective project staff and field staff, to perform the necessary field office startup procedures, office operations and activities.
- Oversee administrative activities related to fiscal management, human resources, logistics and other administrative activities.
- Serve as a specialist responsible for gathering facts, analyzing findings, reaching logical conclusions, recommending solutions, and coordinating projects.
- Manage the project’s filing system for all contracts and agreements, and other
- documentation, materials, and deliverables.
- Maintain frequent contacts with management and staff and external clients to plan and coordinate activities and to serve as a resource regarding administrative policies and procedures.
- Responsible for helping to ensure that projects are staying within the established scope and budget parameters through analysis and consultation with management.
- Performs other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / Ph.D. with at least 8 years relevant experience in program management and clinical care with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource-constrained settings.
- BS / BA Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or similar/related degree with more than 10 years of program management experience with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource-constrained settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with donor-funded program and procurement guidelines is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision, assess priorities, and competently complete a variety of activities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills. Ability to plan and coordinate business operations or administrative and support services.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques. Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates project and personnel management skills. Influences, motivate, and collaborate with others.
- Knowledge of U.S. government regulations, procedures, and contracting requirements. Knowledge of financial and contractual management of USAID contracts and cooperative agreements including budget design, financial oversight, and expenditure projections.
- Ability to work in teams and build consensus with individuals at all levels.
- Effective writing, editorial, and communication skills; excellent command of English grammar and native Hausa language.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online