Experts – Ending Nigeria Ocean Plastics Pollution (ENOPP) Activity at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expert – Ending Nigeria Ocean Plastics Pollution (ENOPP) Activity
Job Code: 7285
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Project
- We are seeking candidates for various roles on an anticipated USAID funded project in Nigeria focused on ending ocean plastics pollution.
- It will cover the overarching goal of developing, testing, and implementing new models to promote the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) in plastic waste management and enhanced solid waste management (SWM) in Nigeria. The proposed project will be implemented for a period of 5 years, covering different cities in Nigeria.
Experts are sought in the following areas:
- Waste Management: Evaluating gaps in the current service delivery models, enhancing access, service reliability and management with a focus on urban and coastal communities and professionalizing waste management service delivery.
- Plastic Supply Chain and Recycling: assessing the plastic value chain; empowering communities resulting in community level and community led plastic recycling initiatives; community engagement in identifying opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle plastics as well as design and implement effective plastic recovery approaches.
- Governance and Capacity Building: strengthening the enabling environment for solid waste management with emphasis on reducing ocean plastics; supporting implementation of government policies and improving solid waste management data availability, use and management. Supporting the capacity building of various SWM and plastic recycling stakeholder.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject matter, such as Environmental Management, Waste Management and Recycling, Engineering, Management/Administration, Statistics, Economics, Urban Planning, Environmental Policy or other related fields.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in the solid waste and recycling industry including design, planning, and operations/management or collaboration with community-based organizations.
- Experience developing and implementing solid waste management strategies, mainly focused on ocean plastics, MRF design and operation, with international development programs, non-governmental organizations, or the private sector.
- Knowledge of the formal and informal waste collection and recycling sectors.
- Excellent knowledge of different virgin and non-virgin plastic resins; commodity trading and knowledge of the different HS codes for various recyclable materials.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online