Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
May 11, 2021 Job Vacancy 0 Comments
Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Asset Maintenance Scheduler
Category: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- Ensure all Asset Maintenance work scheduling processes are applied with the aim of
- reducing any risks to as low as reasonably possible
- Responsible for taking planned work and building an executable schedule for all
- Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties.
- Participate and contribute to the APMT maintenance planning & scheduling community.
- Ensure compliance with APM Group values and business principle.
- Support the local Terminal Maintenance Planner to identify opportunities to reduce Opex and Capex costs.
- Monitor the programmes of work to track where these are being executed in
- accordance with the terminal schedules and flag any variances to management so that budget/ cost variations can be investigated and controlled.
- Terminal equipment, making the most efficient use of labour resources whilst minimising impact to terminal operations.
- Contribute to day to day scheduling processes for Asset Maintenance activities.
- Apply the best practice use of the CMMS and scheduling software tools for WO management and the scheduling (despatch) of work and all supporting resource requirements.
- Liaise with the Warehouse team to ensure the availability and timely issue of spare parts, materials and special tools, to support the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Apply global standards and requirements for scheduling to routine work processes at the terminal(s).
- Provide end to end monitoring and control of all maintenance WOs, from issue through to final close out.
- Monitor and provide feedback to management on best practice in work scheduling and CMMS utilisation in order to develop local and global process for maintenance work scheduling
- Ensure priority is given to the scheduling and despatch of inspection, maintenance and repair activities within local terminals to safeguard asset integrity.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse and Inventory team to ensure that best practice in supply chain management is properly applied in the local processes for scheduling.
- Apply good work practices and CMMS skills to optimise the efficient utilisation of allmhuman and material resources for the terminal’s Asset Maintenance work activities
People / Communications:
- Engage with personnel in the local Asset Maintenance teams, to lift the functional capabilities for maintenance scheduling.
- Ensure clear communication with the Local (internal) clients, external customers and suppliers.
We Are Looking for
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operational planning/ scheduling environment Local academic and further education path consistent with the scheduling role.
- Experience in a asset intensive environment, with exposure to complex scenarios for planning and organisation of work activities, prioritisation and resource management.
- Extensive maintenance scheduling experience based on digital data received from the CMMS and other systems.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning and scheduling metrics, principles, its processes and requirements.
- Practical work organisation and scheduling knowledge and competencies.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation and work order records are properly closed out.
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- As a leading terminal operator in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees.
- We continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- At APM Terminals we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
- We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Application Closing Date
24th May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online