Accounts Assistant at the Learning Place
The Learning Place School is an inclusive Montessori school for boys and girls aged 1-12years. At TLP, we know that your child’s education and well being are of primary concern. Our teachers love what they do and stop at nothing to get ultimate learner outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Employment Type: Full time
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Posting of all vouchers and invoices including pending ones.
- Computation of Monthly PAYE.
- Inventory of stock and record keeping of store items.
- Preparing and raises weekly requisitions after having ascertained the authenticity of requests and check all payment vouchers raised before presentation to Director for authorised endorsement.
- Assesses /evaluates quotations received from contractors, suppliers and third parties with a view to:
- Ensure best value for money.
- Adhere to budget of the school and seek approval of the Director and such other supplementary budgets as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure budget limits are not exceeded or if they are, to ensure excess spending is duly approved by the Director, prior to commitment.
- Ensure integrity of all payment and receipt functions.
- Raises payment vouchers i.e. initiate the bank payment procedure to suppliers/contractors after appropriate approval.
- Raising request for petty cash reimbursement.
- Handles the disbursement of petty cash payments after receiving appropriate approval from the Director.
- Writing of cheques.
- Cashing of cheques and payments of bills.
- Cash disbursements to vendors and other users.
- Confirmation of students balances, including daily update of paid & unpaid reports.
- Prepares daily and monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparation and dispatch of monthly payslips (this is done day before salaries are paid in each month).
- Writing of cheques for expenses.
- Weekly filing of receipts, correspondences and payment vouchers in a clear, orderly and accessible manner.
- Preparing the weekly report of activities in the accounts unit.
- Engages in any other financial assignment assigned by the Director as the need arises or any other duty related to the nature of the post.
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree and up to 3 years’ experience and be digitally savvy.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the role they are applying for as the subject (e.g. Accounts Assistant).
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.