Accountant at Remote Accounting Hub
Remote Accounting Hub is a recruitment agency that helps companies find short-term or long-term temporary staff in accounting, finance, HR and other business systems. Also, we do remote accounting for companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Preparation of financial statements
- Maintain the accounts payable and receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate payment records
- Review invoices and other payment requests for appropriate approvals, adequacy of budget cover, the validity of claims, and relevant supporting documents
- Compute and file tax returns to relevant tax authorities including related reports to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations
- Administer petty cash disbursement and reconciliation
- Process advance requests and track retirements in line with approved policies
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Analyse cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Prepare collateral reporting.
- Ensure timely processing of all payables
- Assist in following up on outstanding reconciling items to ensure timely resolution of issues relating to reconciliation
- Review and reconcile relevant tax accounts – VAT, WHT, PAYE, etc. to ensure completeness, accuracy, and validity.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or a Finance related discipline
- 2 – 4 years work experience in a similar role
- Experience with accounting tools, Zoho Books and Dynamics 360
- Professional accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of IFRS requirements and accounting principles.
- Experience working with spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.