System Administrator at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: System Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time
- They offer technical support and troubleshoot any hardware and software problems related to server and storage devices.
- The professional will handle issues concerning application and database server operations.
- They do thorough research on upcoming products, service protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining servers and networks.
- Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances.
- Performing system upgrades/patches following new releases.
- Maintaining internal documentation of operational procedures, network equipment configurations and inventory of IT asset.
- Performing account setup.
- Sustaining network integrity, server deployment, and security.
- Monitoring and maintaining network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems.
- Ensuring high-level security and efficiency resulting in 100% output.
- Ensuring adherence and strict compliance of defined IT security policies.
- Maintaining and administering antivirus solutions on all client and server end systems bank wide and ensure that all systems antivirus protection software is up to date.
- Monitoring the bank?s firewall and other security devices to ensure Liaising with the service providers/vendors to ensure that outsourced functions are carried out according to pre-agreed service level agreements there have been no breaches.
- Monitoring, managing and administering the banks messaging & collaboration infrastructure, network, operating systems and other hardware infrastructure (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Proxy Server).
- Liaising with the service providers/vendors to ensure that outsourced functions are carried out according to pre-agreed service level agreements
Qualification & Experiences
- University Degree or its equivalent. B.Sc / HND in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline etc.
- Possession of IT professional certification such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, MCP, CompTIA, Red hat, Ubuntu, Sophos, Mikrotik etc. are added advantage.
- Three (3) years post qualification experience in a similar role
- Network availability/downtime
- Cycle time to respond to and resolve network issues/problems
- Network Performance
- Number of internal customer complaints
- Number of successful intrusions into the banks network
- Frequency of downtime due to virus attacks/outbreaks
- Frequency of virus attacks
- New IT security measures recommended
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows)
- Good working knowledge of Storage systems (NetApp, HP MSA, HP SAN Switch, NAS)
- Proficiency managing of Temenos T24 Core Banking Application (R16 and above)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Active Directory is required, as well as a deep understanding of networking protocols, components and procedures, LAN/WAN fundamentals, network management and administration.
- Deep understanding of IT Systems and Network security approaches and techniques
- System Performance Tuning
- System Availability/ Recovery
- Negotiation & Relationship Management skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication
- Results oriented and Proactive
- Service orientation. Customer satisfaction focus
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online