Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment 2023 Apply Now!!!
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
What’s the role?
- To provide pipeline engineering expertise to discipline engineering and asset teams in support of all phases of pipeline systems development and operations, including concept selection, FEED and detailed design, through construction, commissioning and start-up, operation and integrity maintenance, ensuring innovation and state of the art technology and optimisation of asset lifecyle cost. To act as Technical Authority Level 3 (TA3) for pipelines.
- Provide technical expertise, including technical review and assurance capabilities in Pipeline engineering for oil and gas projects, assets and operations. These can be onshore as well as offshore.
- Conduct the definition of the functional requirements of the pipeline system in respect of volumes, pressures, temperatures including corrosion tolerance and calculation of wall thickness, using requisite tools and based on the predicted process data.
- Conduct the specification of pipeline system operating envelopes, pressure controls and safeguarding, metering and constraints for operation of the pipeline system. Design the pipeline system for stability and strength against environmental and operational loads.
- Conduct option evaluations, and QCs on Pipeline engineering work. This includes pipeline route identification, surveys and selection to reduce environmental impact; design of emergency shutdown systems and special pipeline components, risers and tie-ins; coatings and liners and insulation/heat tracing. Carry out cost estimates for the various options.
- Ensure timely application and availability of requisite licenses and permits.
- Provide pipeline-engineering support for the development of detail design, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning specifications and procedures as well as optimizations for pipeline asset.
- With the aim of increasing efficiency and realizing reductions in unit technical costs and life cycle costs, identify new technologies applicable to surface pipeline operations and environment; conduct evaluation both technically and commercially, and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress and manage deployment.
- Review Contractor’s HSE and quality plans to ensure compatibility with relevant Codes, Standards and specifications.
- Identify and evaluate process hazards, develop hazardous area classification, and contribute to the development of HEMP documentation.
- Participate in or lead pipeline projects audits / reviews, Hazops, Hazard and QRAs during concept development, conceptual and detailed design basis. Implement recommendations of the Environmental Impact Assessments studies, in the pipeline designs and specifications.
- Contribute to maintaining contact with other pipeline engineers in Nigeria and SIEP to disseminate best practices, work practices and quality control systems.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual Business Plans, and compile the pipeline engineering and cost estimating input into all new developments.
- Manage delegated authorities of any contracts as per applicable Contract Management Guideline with special emphasis on the HSE issues of the contractor.
- Prepare and issue progress reviews and financial performance reports as required.
- Participate in mentoring scheme for young graduates.
- Develop own skills and competence in line with changing business needs and technical advances in the discipline. Evaluate and capture new knowledge and learning.
- Contribute actively to the global Pipeline Engineering community through active participation in global fora, professional for, involvement in functional improvement plans, communities of practice and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Collaborate, build relationships and manage interfaces between disciplines, project and asset teams and customer OUs.
- To apply up to date, fit for purpose technology, whilst ensuring compatibility with the local systems and procedures.
- To avoid stand-alone pipeline designs, and ensure integration of pipeline systems in the overall project and asset operations scope.
- Ageing onshore and offshore Pipeline Infrastructure, many difficult to inspect, which requires a structured life extension and replacement programme and innovative solutions technically and commercially.
What we need from you?
- Minimum of University Degree (B.Sc or B.Eng) in Mechanical, Civil/Structural or Materials Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) with a minimum of 10 years experience, of which at least 5 years in pipeline project engineering and front-end engineering design.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of pipeline-engineering systems, tools and practices, and a thorough understanding of project economics.
- TA3 Certified / TA3 Ready.
- Familiar with DCAF, DEP, International pipeline Codes & Standards, Systems Engineering & Requirement Management.
- Good interpersonal, leadership and negotiating skills.
- Well-developed communications skills (i.e. report writing, presentation) are essential.
- NSE membership/COREN registered.
- Must have a knowledge in: Site and Route Characterization, Concept Development, Fabrication and Construction Asset Integrity Management, Pipeline Flow Assurance, Pipeline System Design, Pipeline Project Execution
- Must have a skill in: Pipeline Materials, Pipeline Mechanical Design, Pipeline Operations and Maintenance, Pipeline integrity Assurance and life Extension
- Basis for Design
- Materials Selection
- Advanced Pipeline Design and Analysis.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online