Senior Medical Officer at Newgate Medical Services Limited
Newgate Medical Services Limited started operations in October, 2000 with committed staff of 10 with the aim of bridging the obvious gap identified in health care delivery service in Ikorodu. We decided to change the face of healthcare by raising delivery standard. We have over the year maintained our standards with continuous improvement of performance. Dynamism has been our watchword.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- To achieve their goal of managing a healthcare team and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of a healthcare facility.
Tracking and Evaluating Clinical Data:
- Medical Officers are often in charge of ordering and interpreting tests for patients. They analyze records, reports and exam data to help them diagnose patients’ conditions.
- If further information is needed, they will order additional tests, consult with other physicians in the field or the patient’s previous healthcare professionals.
Evaluating the Latest Medical Programs and Research:
- While the field of medicine is constantly evolving, the Medical Officer’s knowledge needs to evolve also.
- Medical Officers must take time to procure data about the most current medical programs and research that relate to his field of expertise in order to provide the best diagnoses and healthcare treatment plans to patients.
Planning, Implementing and Directing Clinical Services:
- Medical Officers take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by medical staff.
- They may participate directly in care when services are being initially implemented.
- They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individual and families.
Making Program Recommendations or Revisions:
- While overseeing and monitoring the clinical services and programs that are being implemented by staff, the Medical Officer will often discover gaps in service or area where services can be improved and make program recommendations or revisions to address those issues.
Maintaining Accurate Documentation:
- Medical Officers must ensure that consistent and accurate documentation of medical records for all patients takes place.
- This practice helps accumulate and organize important clinical data that is vital to providing comprehensive medical care to patients.
- MBBS or MBCHB and a Master’s in Public Health from any reputable university.
- Dedication to patient safety and quality of healthcare
- Commitment to organization’s values and vision
- Ability to lead standardization of care
- Inspirational to the healthcare team
- Superb listening skills.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2021.