Senior Credit Risk Underwriter at CredPal Nigeria
Credpal is an innovative solution that seeks to combat the ever complex loan approval process that has deterred millions from achieving specific goals over the years. We believe quality of life can be drastically improved if individuals can easily make purchases and pay overtime at their convenience with reduced or no financial pressure, while also increasing their purchasing capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Risk Underwriter
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a Credit Underwriter with specialized knowledge in risk assessment. Very meticulous and attention to detail, good negotiating skills and work according to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will be an expert in risk analysis and selection with remarkable decision-making skills, a deep understanding of retention and reinsurance, and sound judgment.
- Evaluating loan applications and including the credit analysis and loanrequest summaries.
- Evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them.
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans.
- Conferring with references to exchange credit information on clients.
- Collaborating with sales and other units /departments in managing financial orders to help them control credit exposure, make payments on time, and reduce the risk of customer disputes.
- Conferring with clients to verify their financial/credit transactions and to resolve their complaints.
- Analyzing credit data and financial information of persons or companies that are applying for credit or loans to determine the risk to the organization.
- Determine if a loan or line of credit will be granted, and if so, the terms of the loan, including interest rate.
- Prepare reports based upon due diligence findings to help make decisions on lending and credit-worthiness.
- Conducting credit search from an approved Credit Bureau for facilities Identifies and collects information critical to decision making.
- Collaborate with data science, product, and engineering to propose hypothesis testing to improve risk and profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in using accounting softwares.
- Relevant training & certifications.
- 5years similar experience in underwriting credits in a Fin- Tech or Financial services.
- A very proactive & analytical person.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online