Psychosocial (PSS) Deputy Project Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission was officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent humanitarian needs, including improving access to food commodities for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC), later adding Primary Health Care and Nutrition activities. This initial intervention was focused on populations living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) LGA. The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated programming from 2017 onward in Bolori II sub–ward of MMC, in food security, livelihoods, nutrition, health, and Protection and Community Outreach (PCO), with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In 2018, PUI also started MHPSS activities. In parallel, PUI is supporting the coordination mechanisms through the Logistics Sector by consolidating and transporting humanitarian partners’ cargo funded by WFP since 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial (PSS) Deputy Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 1st August, 2021
Contract End Date: 31st July, 2022 (renewable base on availability of funding)
- Under the technical supervision of the PSS Deputy Coordinator and direct supervision of Protection Project Manager, the Deputy PSS Project Manager will support the PSS team in implementing activities in Maiduguri. Additionally, he/she will manage data records of activities, and work on capacity building of staff under his / her supervision.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Support Supervision and Team Management:
- Support in the good implementation and monitoring of the PSS project in collaboration with the Protection Project Manager and Deputy PSS Coordinator
- Ensure that agreed activities and procedures are regularly and timely performed by PSS Supervisor, Psychosocial Workers (PSW) and Psychosocial Awareness Volunteers (PAV)
- Participate actively in the supervision of PSS activities and reports to the Protection Manager
- Supervise monthly planning, staff schedules, and annual leave and attendance sheets in accordance with HR procedures
- Manage the recruitment of new staff in collaboration with Protection Project Manager
- Support drawing up Job Descriptions for PSSSupervisor and PSWs as needed, in collaboration with the Protection Project Manager
- Participate in the regular performance evaluation of PSS team
- Assess training needs, develop training plans, facilitate and perform training and follow up the impact aftertraining
- Ensure that the team is following MHPSS intervention framework and applying it in the routine implementation of PSS activities
- Collaborate with other departments (Health, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihood) as needed to ensure smooth implementation and integration of services
- Conduct routine project needs assessments (at PHCC and safe spaces) and program reviews to ensure successful implementation
- Follow up the performance indicators defined, report on progress to his/her immediate supervisor, indicate difficulties encountered in project implementation, and propose improvements or reorganization.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor the routine implementation of PSS activities on field level and report accordingly
- Supervise data collection and ensure that the data collected weekly on PSS activities are entered correctly on the Kobo
- Ensure accurate and qualitative compilation of monthly reports and PMTs
- Ensure archiving of documents, tools and training materials in the context of project and ensure availability of verification sources mentioned in the project proposal documents
- Follow up referred cases with partner organizations or MoH
- Participate in the budget follow–ups with the Protection Project Manager and make sure budget lines are spent properly
Internal and External Representation:
- When delegated by the Protection Project Manager and/or Deputy MHPSS Coordinator, facilitate to build a sound, good and close relation with parties involved in the implementation of PSS activities at local level: clusters, NGOs, communities
- Work with partner agencies in the provision and referral of services
Logistics and Administrative Support:
- Ensure proper needs analysis from the project
- Ensure, in coordination with the logistics department, appropriate storage of PSS equipment when necessary
- Communicate to the Logistics Manager on a weekly basis the needs related to vehicles and equipment for the implementation of PSS project
- Ensure that HR documents (attendance sheet, leave request, etc.) are communicated to the HR Manager on time, with validation of Protection Project Manager
- Follow relevant procurement processes to ensure project logistical needs are met
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this vacancy announcement are non–exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Ensure proper planning,implementation and monitoring of daily activities in health facilities and safe spaces
- Ensure proper implementation of the newly-developed MHPSS intervention framework
- Follow up with MEAL on the new MHPSS information management system.
Qualifications and Required Skills
Mandatory Requirements :
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa, Kanuri is an asset
- Education degree: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in psychiatry or psychology
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in management of MHPSS activities. Work experience with international organizations and/or NGO in the field of MHPSS.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of IASC MHPSS guidelines
- Good knowledge of integrationof mental health and psycho-social support services in primary health care settings
- Good knowledge of community based pss interventions
- Knowledge of gbv interventions
- Ability to train, mentor, supervise and build capacity of psycho-social workers.
- Excellent knowledge of the ms office software including word, excel, outlook.
- Accurate analytical skills
- Good reporting skills
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Understanding of the political situation in the area-ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
- Team management
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online