Procurement Specialist at GZ Industries
GZI is the first Alumunium beverage can manufacturing company in West Africa with state of the art factories in Aba, Agbara and South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Employment type: Full Time
- Assists in the development and implementation of GZI’s procurement strategies, manuals, policies and procedures to ensure an efficient, best practice, and commercially focused procurement function.
- Ensures strict adherence to GZI’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the analysis and monitoring of current and future procurement requirements, and prepares to support the achievement of corporate objectives and targets.
- Engages with the business to identify the key procurement priorities, and ensure that purchases are made at competitive prices.
- Enforces a short turn-around time for processing Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Monitors to ensure an up-to-date database of qualified vendors and suppliers of goods and services to the company.
- Implements sourcing processes, Request for Proposals (RFP) compilation, evaluation of suppliers’ responses and negotiation with suppliers including long term purchasing agreements.
- Manages key supplier relationships to deliver excellent operational performance in cost, service and quality.
- Monitors to ensure that delivered goods are inspected to conform with the specifications on the order.
- Implements the processes for reviewing contracts, supplies and vendors, ensuring that maximum value for money benefits are achieved.
- Facilitates and monitors all international procurements, from order to delivery.
- Assists in developing and implementing new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Manages and fosters good relationships with relevant government agencies to ensure prompt delivery of procured commodities.
- Oversees the purchase of Insurance Certificates, processing of Form M, Risk Assessment Report (RAR) and other relevant custom clearing documents.
- Ensures shipping/customs clearing documents conform with requirements.
- Monitors Inspection or Scanning companies to ensure timely issue of CRI.
- Liaises with Engineering and Production Departments for materials requirements and specification.
- Liaises with Customs and clearing Agents for smooth clearance.
- Liaises with Accounts to ensure payments of supplied goods.
- Instils Code of Integrity, Honesty and Trust in Suppliers.
- Relates with Stores on Purchase, Inspection and Delivery of materials.
- Liaises with Key Personnel for the offloading and receipts of materials.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned subordinate staff.
- Handles subordinates’ concerns and problems, directs and schedules work.
- Provides on-the-job coaching and direction to subordinates.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree or HND in Engineering, Economics or Business Studies.
- An MBA or relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification in Supply Chain Management e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of email.