N20,000 Grant – TETFund Gives update regarding Grant Payment
CLAIM: A website claims that the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) is offering Nigerian students N20,000 grant. This is being sent to unsuspecting students as a bulk SMS with the name Tetfund2023.
FULL STORY: Some Nigerian students on May 27, 2023, got an SMS on their mobile phones from TETFund2023, informing them of their eligibility for the ongoing TETFund 20,000 grant.
The SMS reads: “Congratulations, You’re eligible to benefit from the ongoing TETFUND N20,000 Grant. You can accept the grant by clicking http://bit.ly/TETFUND-GRANTS today.”
After clicking the provided link, the user is redirected to https://tet.fund-2021.
“TETFund 20,000 bursary for Nigeria students 2023 has commenced.
“2 millions Nigerian students are entitled to N20,000.
“Please complete your registration and then go to the next step.”
To complete the registration, the user will provide full name, residential address, phone number, name of the university, and matric number.
Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) is a scheme established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2011 to disburse, manage, and monitor education tax funds to government-owned tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
It was charged with the responsibility for imposing, managing and disbursing the tax to public tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
When Dubawa accessed the website, the page had a similar TETFUND logo. The website asked this reporter to complete the registration by providing some vital information.
Dubawa provided a wrong name, address, matric number, and name of the university in order to access the other pages of the form.
Dubawa, thereafter, checked the official website of TETFund, www.tetfund.gov.ng, and the organisation’s social media handles to see if it posted anything on the bursary, but found nothing.
Dubawa also sent an email to the agency’s official email address but is still awaiting a response.
Further checks on TETFund’s official Instagram account showed the claim has been debunked.
It said: “Attention Attention! A fraudulent broadcast has been circulating on various online/offline platforms. The message suggests that TETFund is giving grants to Nigerian Students. This message is false and an attempt to extort students.
“The general public should kindly disregard this message.”
Top Recruitment to Apply For 2023 (Gist Job Recruitment Portals)
- FIRS Recruitment
- Civil Defence
- CAC Recruitment 2023
- Immigration Service recruitment
- AIR FORCE recruitment
- Prison (Correctional officer)
- Custom Service application 2023
- N-Power Batch D Application
- NYIF 2 phase application 2023
- NAFDAC New Intake
- NNPC recruitment
- EFCC New Intake Recruitment 2023
See Also: FG Loan Disbursement
- SIM Card / NIN Registration Code (*346#) – Apply this Code to Check for NIN & SIM Card Link up Status
- Update and Activate SMEDAN Account for Business Loan Via www.smedanregister.ng
- Covid-19 Vaccine And Treatment Will Start In Nigeria by End of January 2023 – Minister of Health
- Inksnation Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate Today – Check Pinkoin Value Here
- Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) Recruitment 2023/2024 Replacement / Promotion (Email & Office) – Submit CV Here
- Apply for AfCFTA Nigeria Financial Services & Investments Mobilization Workshop 2023/2024 – Register Here