MB Laboratory Technician at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company
Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) is a bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company. Coca-Cola HBC is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange and secondary listing on the Athens Exchange. The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company and operates in more than 200 countries.
Life at Coca-Cola HBC is fast-paced and challenging, with fair rewards and exciting learning opportunities. We promote an inclusive workplace, value diverse views and opinions and always appoint the best person for the job, ensuring equality in our shortlists and appointments. Take up the challenge. Join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MB Laboratory Technician
Job Reference No: req26367
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Microbiology Technician reports to the Food Safety Manager and is responsible for ensuring microbiological analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished products, to verify the effectiveness of cleaning and sanitizing processes in compliance to ISO standards, Coca-Cola Operating Requirement (KORE) and CCHBC/Regulatory requirement and to implement GHK & GMP practices to maintain food safety standards on site.
Other key responsibilities of the role include;
- To ensure the production of beverage in strict compliance to quality and food safety standards.
- Ensure that no micro-failure is present in weekly warehouse samples and monthly QM results.
- Ensure that CIP & COP matrix and additional cleaning procedures are followed accordingly and close out/follow up with respect to microbiology/food safety actions.
- Ensure compliance according to KORE standards on all process/line validations.
- Ensure collection, processing and microbiological analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished products.
- Prepare the laboratory reagents, culture media and necessary microbiological samples and monitor stock levels of microbiology materials.
- To monitor the performance and ensure the operational validation of ASEBI at required frequencies and corrective action taken if any abnormalities.
- Ensure the GMP/GHK of the food processing areas (WT, Syrup rooms, Filling room, CIP) and laboratories are well maintained with evidence of daily review of the line release record based on GMP Audit report of the line.
- Prompt submission of microbiology trend analysis report per line per equipment.
- To ensure good housekeeping status of all the equipment and environment associated with the lab, filling and bottling halls.
- Communicate CIP compliance, GHK audit and microbiological performance report of the lines to lab technicians report of the lines to lab techs, FSM & QAM.
- Conduct ECE analysis of processing and bottling equipment.
- Ensure compliance to GMP, food safety practice, good environmental, occupational health and safety practices in all line activities, achieve water use ratio, solid waste ratio, energy use ratio and solid waste recycled targets, zero lost time work related injuries.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of B.Sc or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
Application Closing Date