Internal Control & Compliance Officer at CredPal
CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control & Compliance Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an Internal Control & Compliance Officer to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines. Your duties will include reviewing processes, developing company policies, and responding to policy violations.
- The ideal candidate will be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. To prosper in this role, you should be fluent in risk management and our industry’s principles.
- To review and create new accounting and financial controls and other legal compliance processes in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Coordination of the periodic risk assessment process.
- Documentation of financial and operational processes, identification of risks in such processes, walk through and testing of controls, etc).
- Implementation and follow-up of action plans to mitigate risks and address findings from audits and internal testing.
- Periodic and Incidence reporting to Management.
- Management of business compliance requirements in coordination with concerned departments (especially finance, marketing, operations) and third-parties (Issuing bank, card processor, etc).
- Translating business compliance requirements into the business and coordinating the compliance effort (electronic money, TCF, etc).
- Design of processes, reports and alert systems to detect fraud and anomalies and report complaints.
- Keeping up-to-date with regulations, inform the business of changes when relevant and respond accordingly.
- Collaboration with all departments to develop new processes for products and services
- Participation in new product development to ensure compliant design
- Definition and maintenance of segregation of duties in various business areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Business Management, or a related field.
- Having a legal background is required.
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance/ internal control role.
- Knowledge of Laws accounting standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of Data Protection legal requirements.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organised, persevering and demanding.
- Creative and flexible, with ability to understand business constraints and requirements.
- Ability to manage transversal teams indirectly.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online