External Facilitator – CMAM Training for Nutrition Staff and Health Worker at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Facilitator – CMAM Training for Nutrition Staff and Health Worker
- The key objective of a CMAM program is to reduce mortality and morbidity from acute malnutrition by providing timely diagnosis and effective treatment of acute malnutrition, and through building local capacity (health system and community) in the identification and management of acute malnutrition.so the essences for this training for our nutrition staff and health workers is to provide them with the knowledge of active case finding, proper treatment for Acute Severe Malnutrition (SAM), and strengthen the referral pathways with the clinics and stabilization centers (SCs).
These goals will be achieved by covering the following training courses:
- Perform basic anthropometric measurements (MUAC, weight, height and oedema) for screening of Acute Malnutrition at the community and interpret the values
- Explain the screening and admission procedures of patients with acute malnutrition.
- Be familiar with admission, referral, and discharge criteria to and from OTP/MAM program.
- Be able to organize a health center or family health unit set up for out-patient treatment of SAM and MAM.
- Be able to manage and follow up children with SAM using the OTP operation guideline.
- Group discussions and presentations, brainstorming and post-it, museum and post-it, role plays, video and demonstrations, PPT presentations
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Post-training course evaluation
- Activity Report
Summary of topics
- The training is aimed at training and equipping MDM health workers on promoting the scientific benefits of exclusive breastfeeding, good hygiene practices, feeding care for sick children and complementary feeding in order to understand the minimum dietary requirement for children 6 months to 23 months so as to prevent childhood undernutrition.
- The training is to enable MDM staffs to provide more quality service to our beneficiaries and impact positive BCC.
- Bsc. Nutrition or HND in Nutrition
- 3 years experience of facilitation
- 5years of CMAM and IYCF counseling provider
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a proposal for interest, maximum of 3 pages, indicating their competencies and experiences on similar activity, an estimated budget, as well as their availability to carry the mission (dates) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “CMAM Facilitator” as the subject of the email.