Director, University Health Services at Federal University Dutse
Federal University Dutse is located in the ancient town of Dutse the Jigawa State Capital. The University focused on strong tradition of distinguished scholarship, research, teaching and services that is grounded in a commitment to increasing and disseminating scientific, humanistic, and social knowledge for the benefit of the larger society. The University was among the nine universities established by the Federal Government on the 9th February, 2011. It has six (6) Faculties, a College of Medicine and a School of Postgraduate Studies. It has population of over nine thousand (9000) students.
The general public is hereby notified that the University Management, has declared a vacant position in the institution. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director – University Health Services (CONTISS 15)
Job Code: DUHS
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- The Director, University Health Services is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in providing professional and administrative leadership in the University Health Centre(s).
- He perform the duties of Chief Medical Officer and recommend the appointment of staff and take charge of their deployments.
- Also the Director, initiate and make recommendation for manpower development, ensure the procurement of health care equipment, dressing and drugs, provide community services and other duties as may be assigned.
- Must possess an MBBS Degree from a recognized institution;
- Must be a registered member of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN);
- Must possess NYSC Discharge, Exemption or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable;
- Appropriate computer literacy is mandatory;
- Must have minimum of fifteen (15) years experience as medical practitioner.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) sets of hand-written application (one copy original, others photocopy), detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Credentials. They must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or equivalent, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae written in the format below:
- Post Applied
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Functional Email Address
- Functional Phone Number
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Degrees
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates and Institutions
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Address of at least three (3) referees.
Applications should be in an envelope, with the the Code of the post, “DUHS”, clearly indicated at the top right hand corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
Federal University Dutse,
P.M.B. 7156 Dutse,
- Candidates should request their Three (3) referees to send, under confidential cover, a referee’s report each to the Registrar not later than the closing date stated above.
- The envelope containing the report should be marked “Confidential Referee’s Report” for easy identification.