Credit (Loan) & Savings Officer at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit (Loan) & Savings Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
About the Job
- The Credit & Savings Officer is responsible to effectively develop, manage and maintain high quality loans and savings portfolio; cross-selling the organization’s financial products and support the development of delivery channels and front- end technology to improve client’s access to financial services.
- S/he is also responsible in the close monitoring of repayment behaviors of client to ensure quality, while keeping client’s savings portfolio and other banking channels subscribed by clients active.
- The position is an entry level position for both experienced and new graduates and reports to the Customer Relationship Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions of a Credit (Loan) & Savings Officer includes but not limited to the following:
- Partner with Customer Relationship Supervisor in developing weekly/monthly plans with regards to client mobilization and individual performance goals.
- Maintain a good knowledge of assigned market geographical area and understand clients need with competing products.
- Research and develop business opportunities within assigned geographical zone and assist marketing department with market research and impact studies upon request.
- Market all FINCA Products and Services to potential clients by using the promotional tools as approved by management.
- Responsible in acquisition and management of loans and savings portfolio; Loan initiation, processing, monitoring and repayment.
- Conduct a thorough loan analysis to ascertain customer’s payment capacity and willingness; evaluate the credit risk before Credit Committee Meetings.
- Reduce liquidity risk by aggressively reducing dormant savings accounts.
- Ensure each loan disbursed are in compliance with FINCA lending procedures, policies and methodology.
- Prepare and present report as assigned by your Team Leader/ Branch Manager.
- Compile credit files with required documentation and hand over to back office staff for processing.
- Any other responsibilities required by the Branch Manager or Savings Manager in line with FINCA policies.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND with minimum of 2nd Class Lower (2.2) in related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience in credit or a client facing sales role with a financial institution.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills required.
- Willingness to work in the field and travel within the state if requested – 80% of the time
- Able to work in the team and coordinated actions accordingly
- Strong ability of follow up and consistency in his/her actions
- Flexible to accept changes that might occur as a result of institution strategy
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Task calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/ Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Willingness to relocate and work at any FINCA location in Imo State.
How to Apply
Tuesday, 25th May, 2021.