Consultant – Creative Writer (FP Concept Development) at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Creative Writer for FP Concept Development
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Engagement Period: The expected period of engagement will be between the 18th of May 2021 to the 18th of June 2021
- Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is a five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming.
- The project is embarking on a media campaign (radio spots) to increase uptake of modern family planning methods.
- To develop content for the media campaign, the project is seeking to engage the services of creative writers who will work with other stakeholders such as the federal ministry of health, to brainstorm ideas / concepts and come up with storylines that will inform a final writing process
The creative writers will perform the following specific tasks:
- Attend a one-day intensive brainstorm on concept development with BAN technical staff and stakeholders.
- Come up with Creative Concepts or “Big Ideas for a campaign” that will serve as a drive and connector within all storylines.
- Step down the campaign ideas from (b) above into 3 creative executions.
- Create storylines and write scripts from above.
- Infuse corrections and reviews into scripts as directed by BA-N technical un-ts.
- Writers will deliver 3 scripts of very powerful radio spots scripts that will increase the uptake of family planning in focal states.
- The production location is Abuja. Onsite and or virtual.
- Consultant engagement may not exceed 14 days within the specified contract date.
Working Hours and Payment Modality
- Consultants will be paid a daily fee of NGN20,000 / (8 hours)
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.