Collections Officer at CredPal Nigeria
CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collections Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- We are looking to hire Collections officers to collect payment on overdue bills by informing customers of their debt and their various options for repayment.
- The Collection Officer is responsible for providing support to the organisation with particular emphasis on the collection of revenue and management of finance.
- The position liaises directly with clients, issues invoices/notices, negotiate on outstanding payments and where necessary initiates recovery action.
- Establish repayment schedules, monitoring repayment of debts, and adherence by debtors to installment schedules.
- Researching debtor companies, assisting in researching laws and procedures to provide written advice to clients.
- Contact debtors by telephone, letter, email or fax, to agree debt recovery plans and follow up as appropriate
- Reviewing the company debtor list.
- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Preparing customer financial statements for banks and the state credit department.
- Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Contacting lawyers and insurance agencies to facilitate payments.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics or other related field
- Relevant training & certifications.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Recovery/Collections Officer.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and an excellent telephone manner
- Appropriately assertive manner to deal with debtors and clients in a Confident manner
- Proactive and ability to take initiative
- Able to work within a team as well as independently
- Able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
- Natural ability to interact with people from various backgrounds and various levels.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online