Cluster Head of Employee Relations at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cluster Head of Employee Relations
Job ID: 2100011159
Location: Africa & Middle East – Nigeria – Lagos
Job: Business Support and Management
Employee Status: Permanent
Employment Type: Full Time
Summary of Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Shaping regional behaviours and culture across West Africa, through protecting the Bank against employee-related risk by ensuring relationship between the Bank and its employees are managed appropriately within established framework; providing leadership in ER, Fair Accountability; management of external stakeholders and to provide guidance and consultancy services to all internal stakeholders.
Execution of regional ER agenda in line with Group strategy:
- Defining and leading the strategy in alignment with the global and Africa team strategy, regional business needs and the HR scorecard
- Drives Focus Group sessions for People Leaders to embed employee-centricity through socialising ER-related learnings
- Accountable for ensuring that all ER products are delivered effectively across the businesses and functions in line with Group policies and local laws
- Provide strategic support across the cluster in all business reorganisation initiatives i.e.-redundancy etc
- Effective Management of employee representatives – Unions, work councils etc) in Wage and CBA negotiations (where applicable).
- Actively reduce the cost and reliance on external legal counsel by providing in-house subject matter expertise in West Africa cluster.
- Provide suitable insights into employee engagements levels and ER case management trends to Head of HR in Countries / Regional Management Groups
- Support the AME execution of a performance-driven culture
Global ER product lead:
- Provide thought leadership in Disciplinary Management, Grievance Management or performance improvement
- Define and maintain overall global product execution standards of Group Policy
- Ensure product drives the Bank’s Conduct agenda
Translation of country legislation and regulation into pragmatic actions for country teams across the cluster:
- Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field
- Collaborate with HR, Legal and Compliance and / or external legal counsel for advice and decision
- Leverage ER and Legal circles for new trends and practices and update internal stakeholders in good time accordingly
Defining and managing employee-related risk across the WA countries:
- Lead, assess and monitor country ER process risks in line with overall operational risk management framework
- Lead implementation of suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Undertake current local employment and discrimination law in local and international jurisdictions, together with employee trends to anticipate and minimise employee related risks.
- Oversight and management of any relevant Group Policy and process dispensations in-country across the cluster
- Lead the resolution of highly sensitive/complex disciplinary and grievance cases in the cluster and or the country that creates significant risk to the Bank
Education and Training of Country HoHRs / HRBP’s and People Leaders
- Proactively update Country HoHRs/HRBP’s and People Leaders on employment legislative changes and developments
- Work closely with Country HoHRs/HRBP’s and Group HR legal to develop products, policies and processes to up-skill People Leaders and other stakeholders in effectively dealing with ER matters.
- Optimal Approval-ER
- Accountable for managing ER related risks reports
- Ensuring compliance with ER policies and processes in respect of Disciplinary Management; Grievance Management; and Performance Improvement Plans.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the ER team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Managing and maintaining constructive relationship with external stakeholders.
- Respond to queries raised by the Courts and other fora regarding writs and petitions filed against the Bank.
- Give strategic guidance to Country Heads of HR in delivery of human resource activities with ER flavour.
- Embed Here for Good and Group’s brand and values in the ER team and across key stakeholder areas
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Qualified employment Lawyer or ER professional with a minimum of 15 years work experience
- Experience in managing employee representative bodies e.g. Unions, works councils
- An appreciation of the local legislation and regulatory landscape
- Strong networker and organisational influencer
- Commercially astute
- Role model and champion the Bank’s values and behaviours
- Strong collaborative skills
- Professional legal background
- Good mixture of both ER specialist and HR Business Partner experience
- Experience of designing and delivering OD interventions.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Top Recruitment to Apply For 2021 (Gist Job Recruitment Portals)
- FIRS Recruitment
- Civil Defence
- CAC Recruitment 2021
- Immigration Service recruitment
- AIR FORCE recruitment
- Prison (Correctional officer)
- Custom Service application 2021
- N-Power Batch D Application
- NYIF 2 phase application 2021
- NAFDAC New Intake
- NNPC recruitment
- EFCC New Intake Recruitment 2021