Chief Security Officer at Federal University Dutse
Federal University Dutse is located in the ancient town of Dutse the Jigawa State Capital. The University focused on strong tradition of distinguished scholarship, research, teaching and services that is grounded in a commitment to increasing and disseminating scientific, humanistic, and social knowledge for the benefit of the larger society. The University was among the nine universities established by the Federal Government on the 9th February, 2011. It has six (6) Faculties, a College of Medicine and a School of Postgraduate Studies. It has population of over nine thousand (9000) students.
The general public is hereby notified that the University Management, has declared a vacant position in the institution. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CONTISS 13)
Job ID: CSO
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- Chief Security Officer heads the security architecture of the University and safeguards lives and properties.
- He / She is responsible for providing and ensuring a secured environment in academic and residential areas of the University to guarantee learning, teaching and research.
- He / She advises on and is responsible for implementing the security policy of the University.
- He / She initiates and ensure periodic security enlightenment programmes on crime prevention and detection.
- He / She maintains cordial working relationship with other security agencies and liaise in terms of emergency.
- In executing these duties, He/She is responsible to the Vice- Chancellor.
- Must possess at least, first Degree or equivalent in any field of study;
- Must have attained, at least the rank of serving or retired Major or equivalent in the Armed Forces or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) in the Nigeria Police or equivalent ranks in other security outfit;
- Must have had, at least ten (10) years experience in commanding positions;
- Must possess NYSC Discharge, Exemption or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable;
- Appropriate computer literacy is mandatory.
Condition of Service
- Appointment to the position of Chief Security Officer is for a period of two (2) years in first instance and renewable for another period of two (2) years upon satisfactory performance;
- A candidate must not be more than 60 years of age by the end of the current year;
- Candidate must be of high integrity and be capable of commanding the respect and loyalty of staff.
- He must be receptive to new ideas and innovation;
- Possession of higher Degrees would be an added advantage,
- Conditions of service for the position are as obtainable in other Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) sets of hand-written application (one copy original, others photocopy), detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Credentials. They must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or equivalent, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae written in the format below:
- Post Applied
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Functional Email Address
- Functional Phone Number
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Degrees
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates and Institutions
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Address of at least three (3) referees.
Applications should be in an envelope, with the the Code of the post, “DUHS”, clearly indicated at the top right hand corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
Federal University Dutse,
P.M.B. 7156 Dutse,
- Candidates should request their Three (3) referees to send, under confidential cover, a referee’s report each to the Registrar not later than the closing date stated above.
- The envelope containing the report should be marked “Confidential Referee’s Report” for easy identification.