Back-office Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back-office Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Back – Office Support Lead
- This role is responsible for all related back-end functions ranging from activating, troubleshooting to implementing platform changes and ensuring that there’s operational synergy up to resolution and feedback to customers.
- Manage specific back office queues / dashboards for complaint resolution and subsequent feedback to customers.
- Collate and dispatch all payment related complaints via all payment channels. This involves validating claims, batching payment receipts and consolidating complaints for processing by the treasury team
- Spool, schedule and batch complaints escalated from various touch points requiring second level checks, authentication and validation before subsequent processing.
- Update resolution feedback received from cross functional units including field technicians, treasury and billing on various platforms and relationship management tools
- Directly manage complaints emanating from various financial institutions and integrators (NIBSS, Interswitch & ETOP) regarding payments and other customer account validation requests.
- Provide first level support for all CCRs across the touch points for complaints that requires validation and second level checks.
- Manage complaints via the IE customer portal; this involves scheduling and strategically mapping them to various Business Units & sister departments.
- Provide backend/ technical support to the various social media backend platforms (Livechat, Twitter & Facebook).
- Directly manage system generated requests from the Customer Service section of the website; this includes: Request for new connection, Whistle blowers, Energy theft reports, and bill delivery options.
- Liaise with cross functional units (NMD, VSL, Billing, Treasury & IT) in resolving complaints around Mismatch (Name, Address & Tariff), Token generation (Key Change, Factory set, Credit Token), credit claims, confirming customer account updates (IE PINS, CONLOG) and other oversight functions.
- Carry out all other functions as designated in line with achieving the departmental objectives.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant work experience in a back office position in a service company.
- Quality Assurance Management.
- Customer Support.
- Customer Focus.
- Payment Solutions/ Strategy.
- Data Gathering & Analysis.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations.
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Managing Resources.
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.