Assistant Accounts Officer at the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) – 2 Openings
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It has also three (3) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful) in Cairo (Egypt) and Africa Re Underwriting Agency Ltd in Dubai (UAE).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding of 41 African member States; the African Development Bank; 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies; and four (4) non regional shareholders, including leading global insurers, reinsurers and international finance institutions.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best Company and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Accounts Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Slot: 2 Openings
- The successful candidate shall report directly to the Assistant Director Finance & Administration and responsible for maintaining account records and reconciling them on a regular basis.
Duties / Job Details
The duties of the Assistant Accounts Officer shall comprise amongst others:
- Carrying out daily cash allocation of receipts and payments
- Reconciliation of cedant/broker accounts for the regional office
- Raising and posting of Journals arising from the reconciliation process
- Cash matching of receipts and payments with related reinsurance debtor transactions for assigned cedants
- Providing technical accounting support to the underwriting team in the maintenance, processing and reconciliation of cedant/broker accounts
- Engaging in aggressive collection drive
- Reconciliation of retrocessionaires accounts
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the ADFA
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or First University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field plus a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Relevant work experience in a Technical Accounts department of a Reinsurance Company or an Insurance Company is a must;
- Relevant Professional Accounting Qualifications is required
Competencies and Additional Requirements
The main competencies required for this position are as follows:
- Excellent knowledge of Insurance and Reinsurance;
- Knowledge of Accounting
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of Office productivity tools like Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, detailed oriented and customer service focused
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high production environment.
- Problem solving skills with capacity for taking initiatives
- Capacity for analysis and reasoning
- Flexibility, Adaptability, and creativity
- Applicants must also be Nationals of member States of Africa Re
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Transport Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment allowance that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation and inflation.
- Housing Allowance.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
Top Recruitment to Apply For 2021 (Gist Job Recruitment Portals)